Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish life taking over Glohealth. Huge renewal increases of 36%+

Options
  • 19-09-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Irish life have taken over Glohealth(no longer taking new policies) so for anyone with policies with Glohealth beware of massive price increases. My Net more 100 plan which was costing me €66.90 a month is now being quoted to renew now at €91.17 an increase of 36% in one year.

This looks like a serious price gouge by Irish life health on old Glohealth customers. Make sure to cancel your policies so your not caught by this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did you check if there's an equivalent policy for around your current premium to which you can move to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Shop around - its the mantra used all the time regarding insurance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Health insurers usually rack the prices of everything except the core corporate plans every year - to catch those who don't check. They will have a very similar plan for a far lower (if any) increase if you dig through the HIA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

When "Irelands newest health insurer" (their words) Irish Life Health took over Aviva Health and rebranded it and than announced to also merge GloHealth into it, I was sure that prices are going to go up and voila.

So once again we get less competition (as GloHealth does not exist anymore) than before and we get higher prices.

Advertisement