Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    Got my certification for computer technician today. Delighted I accomplished something

Aw excellent buddy! Congrats! :D

My Yay: I won a Student Media Award last week and I submitted my FYP in college yesterday. I still need o wait and see if I actually passed, and it will be touch and go, but just getting to the point of submission feels like an achievement for me after what has been a pretty sh*t year. Hopefully this will bring my 6 year dalliance with my undergrad to an end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got three days subbing in a school this week. Was offered another 3 days with the same class next week. Happy out!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm going to Birmingham tomorrow! IT'S GONNA BE GR8910. (I'm so excited. Slam Dunk and friends and bands and awesomeness)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Saturday sports (Pro 12 final, Championship play-off final, Champions' League final), new laptop, Lion Bar, and my dad has dinner in the oven. Good times!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

CONNACHT YOU BEAUTIES (Even though you spell it weird. Weirdos)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The train from Dublin to Limerick had no kids on it! And the train from Limerick Junction to Colbert was literally silent bar the odd throat clear. Bliss.

On the way up yesterday, traded 1 slightly annoying kid for 4 incredibly annoying kids at Thurles yesterday on the way up.

I don't like kids at the best of times, but early in the morning with a splitting headache? Those bastards are lucky they made it to Heuston alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I got a degree in Pharmacy at last whoooooooooooooooooooooo (now to graduate yass)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KildareBlue

I finished my degree last week. Two weeks to go until the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Got my first full time Job. Quite excited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Not to make yall jealous but I served yer one who played Sharon in the Snapper at work last night

*mic drop* :P

• Advertisement

THREE REPEATS TO MY DEGREE!

I got a degree.

A sh*t grade in a degree I stopped wanting after 3 years mind you, but still.

I'm adding BSc. to the end of my name on all future correspondence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

2.1 no repeats yeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

THREE REPEATS TO MY DEGREE!
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I got a degree.

A sh*t grade in a degree I stopped wanting after 3 years mind you, but still.

I'm adding BSc. to the end of my name on all future correspondence.
    2.1 no repeats yeeeeee

Im earning 7 cent above the minimum wage

Beat that and your fancy degrees! :pac:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Im earning 7 cent above the minimum wage

Beat that and your fancy degrees! :pac:

Hugsie wins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I spent four years as a staff member pushing for promotion to no avail.
    Today I accepted my second promotion since March and my third in twelve months.
    Leaving college sans degree made me very uneasy. Hated my course but the prospect of spending my 20's on the bottom rung of jobs had me in a pretty downtrodden frame of mind for a long time.

Lots of hard work over the past 2 years has paid off though.
    there might be hope for me to make it to the top yet.
    Equal parts terrified and ecstatic.

C.V's through PM yooo guiz! :P

I just submitted my last undergrad assignment!

I've started my new job and everyone is v nice, they seem to like me and have a serious plan set in place to teach me everything over the next year. Feeling v lucky altogether!

There's a new Harry Potter book out today.
    THERE'S A NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK OUT TODAY!
    THERE'S. A. NEW. HARRY. POTTER. BOOK. OUT. TODAY.
    THERE'S. A. NEW. HARRY. POTTER. BOOK. OUT. TODAY!

I know it's just a play's script, and I won't get my copy until during the week because of Amazon's unique pre-order system, but I am all the excite.

Seriously the best part of sharing a birthday with Harry Potter is that all Harry Potter books tend to be released on this day. :)

You're going to be so happy with it. I went to the midnight release last night, THERE WERE KIDS THERE WHO WEREN'T ALIVE THE LAST TIME A HARRY POTTER BOOK WAS RELEASED.

But I'm so happy with it, and I'm rereading it now and it's just fantastic.

• Advertisement

I managed to get tickets to the play for when I was in London two weeks ago and all I can say is GO TO THE PLAY because the theatrical effects were amazing, it genuinely made me feel like magic existed because I still don't know how they did some of them and I was in the front row!

Ran over 14km today for the first time in over a year. About 9km of that was up-hill (and steep!) Preparing for a half marathon in 4 weeks time. So far so good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

It's been a very rough year; I failed a hospital placement back in January after 6 weeks working my a**e off to please the nastiest people I've ever met, who at their worst tried convincing me I had memory loss problems and made me feel one inch tall. It was all for nothing, and long story short my college was extremely unhelpful in dealing with this situation, so I ended up sitting on my backside doing nothing from mid-February to May when I sat my end-of-year exams and went straight into my repeat placement, and would have to do all my third-year placements over the summer. My confidence was so low and I kept doubting everything I did, but I was in a different hospital for my repeat and my tutor and educator were so good to me, that I ended up getting 1% off a first for that placement. Afterward I did another 6-week placement in another hopsital, this time in a different discipline, and had another fantastic experience where I was trusted enough to run different classes by myself for brain injury and stroke patients. I finished up with a first in that placement and a massive boost to my confidence. Now I'm on my last placement for third year in paediatric neurodevelopment and am absolutely loving it; this year has turned around for the better for me and I'm really developing a passion for my course and for my future career. Just really happy right now, everything's coming up Milhouse! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

so i've got a proper office job now, suppose I'm finally old

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I'm an official graduate
    Yay? (Nay...)

Well done!

Had a really good interview for a job I desperately want. Crossing everything!

deise_girl wrote: »
    I'm an official graduate
    Yay? (Nay...)

D'aw, guys she's all growed up. :')

Seriously though, well done!

We're getting a dog on Wednesday!

I GOT A DREAM JOB GUYS I'M MOVING BACK TO GALWAY YAY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I've known since last week but I've got a job interview on Thursday. Serious shtuff and sounds like a decent job. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And after moving house last Saturday week, our internet and TV finally got switched today. :D

Advertisement