Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Red Number Plates - sign maker?

Options
  • 07-09-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I know red number plates have been discussed many times before, but I need to ask specifics as regards to who can make what I want.

Does anybody here know of a sign maker (probably the best option for what I want) who has actually made up acrylic / plastic number plates for them / a friend?

I want to re-create 80's style plates including the garage name and details along the top and bottom of the plates. From what I can see, any of the usual (Irish) plate suppliers dont / cant add small writing to reg plates. I was in contact with a company called 'CBM Signs' in Letterkenny - after an intial reply saying they could do the plates - I sent on an image of what I want. Two more (reminder) emails to them and no replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

I have used these before. Very good quality.....

http://www.eireplates.com/plasticdigitsamples.asp

Silvera wrote: »
    I know red number plates have been discussed many times before, but I need to ask specifics as regards to who can make what I want.

Does anybody here know of a sign maker (probably the best option for what I want) who has actually made up acrylic / plastic number plates for them / a friend?

I want to re-create 80's style plates including the garage name and details along the top and bottom of the plates. From what I can see, any of the usual (Irish) plate suppliers dont / cant add small writing to reg plates. I was in contact with a company called 'CBM Signs' in Letterkenny - after an intial reply saying they could do the plates - I sent on an image of what I want. Two more (reminder) emails to them and no replies.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

What exactly are you looking for?

A "dealer plate" front white reflective / rear red reflective with black digits in perspex?

Firstly, the red bit might be the problem. If that can be overcome, then the next problem might be double shipping things and lastly the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

macplaxton wrote: »
    Firstly, the red bit might be the problem.

I'll second that. The rest of it will be easy. I had a set of white ones made for a 1990 car I have. The sign guy did the garage name and logo bit and the actual numbers (he was able to copy the original script) an I bought the blank Perspex and blank reflective white piece from my local motor factor in Gorey. Both parties said that the red bit could be a problem had I wanted to do the same for something older

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

These people made white oblong acrylic number plates for me a while back with inscriptions on the top and bottom, don't know if they still do though?

http://www.signanddesign.ie/Home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks for the replies so far guys!
    I should have specified in my first post - it's perspex plates I'm seeking.

I've emailed 'signsanddesign' and another (UK) company mentioned to me by a poster here. Hopefully I can find a place to make what I want - the car will have to 'put up' with euro plates in the meantime ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

kyote00 wrote: »
    I have used these before. Very good quality.....

http://www.eireplates.com/plasticdigitsamples.asp

Ordered a set of black plates from them few months back and they are indeed really good quality.

Advertisement