Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shard It or Keep It?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

being able to Dismantle from DIM or Bungies own Gear Manager would be such a nice thing to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

being able to Dismantle from DIM or Bungies own Gear Manager would be such a nice thing to have.

Yep, would be the business alright. Of course if they did implement it, I would end up accidentally discarding my Y3 Gjallahorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Deleting via api access would open up to great a potential for hacking and mass deletion.

Unless they implemented some sort of player checkpoint system that can be rolled back easily it is top big a risk.

I used DIM to empty all weapons from my characters then moved in 9 weapons of each main type for deletion. Quick login and weapon deletion followed.easy and quick enough to do

Deleting via api access would open up to great a potential for hacking and mass deletion.

Unless they implemented some sort of player checkpoint system that can be rolled back easily it is top big a risk.

I used DIM to empty all weapons from my characters then moved in 9 weapons of each main type for deletion. Quick login and weapon deletion followed.easy and quick enough to do

Ah yeah. It's easy enough as is. Just the musings of a bored employee rummaging through spreadsheets. I have a Vita in the bag but no Destiny Discovery in the system and easy in the mood to get the dismantling done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Didn't something like that happen recently? Someone found a way to lock your items and you were not able to unlock and delete them.

I remember reading something about it on Reddit, probably one of the private API endpoints defined incorrectly, so it had permissions to do something it shouldn't. The Destiny API is fantastic though, I wish more companies would follow suite.

• Advertisement

Didn't something like that happen recently? Someone found a way to lock your items and you were not able to unlock and delete them.

Yup it did, but it was bounties and not items:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/37sqg3/important_message_to_the_destiny_community_and/

Interestingly enough, apparently you don't need permission to lock someones items (according to that post, I'd have to check).

I have completely annihilated my Vault. have gone from a total of over 150 weapons down to 72 (vault is at 61, 28 of which are Exotics) and a similar fate befell my Armour, though now the Vault is nothing but Exotics. Still a few bits of Armour on the chars to be dealt with, trying to get a decent roll on the three variations for each char.

There's a lot of people junking their stuff now, before RoI launches.

Might be a good idea to hold off and upgrade all your weapons, then junking them after RoI lands, for max legendary Marks.

There's a lot of people junking their stuff now, before RoI launches.

Might be a good idea to hold off and upgrade all your weapons, then junking them after RoI lands, for max legendary Marks.

Pffff. Legendary Marks are Dime a Dozen. 15 from the weekly crucible and 10 for the daily. 30 from Heroic strikes and how many from NF?

Depends on what you're looking at doing.

I'm planning on hitting 200 marks,
    Carrying over ~50 marks in IB bounties,
    Sharding as much of my stuff as possible.

Didn't get any Trials packages, which would have bumped me up a bit too. I'm probably not going to have as much time as the rest of ye to play RoI - so having a few bucks in the bank never hurts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It'll be grand. We'll have a year to buy any good vendor rolls.

Didn't get any Trials packages, which would have bumped me up a bit too. I'm probably not going to have as much time as the rest of ye to play RoI - so having a few bucks in the bank never hurts ;)

The main reason I followed Cormac's lead is that I want to play RoI when it drops and not spend ages working out what to junk and then junking it - can spend a couple of hours on that.

I'd like to spend little time on admin stuff on the 20th.

I do still have a full vault with regards to armor, so a lot of potential marks in there.

Oh of course, everyone tailors their needs individually. For me, I'm not into all that stocking up and edging that goes on. Play the game and they will come kinda mentality.

Funnily enough, I have 4 daily and 1 weekly IB on the Warlock, purely because by the time I went to cash them in I was already rank 5, so they're just sitting there waiting for new IB.

Starting off RoI with a bit of extra cash is grand.
    Power levelling your way through and running out of content isn't grand :)

Well when I'm looking for a team of well able, hardy bucks at Light Level 375 on Friday 23rd, I bet you won't be saying that :P

You know you're going to have to carry my under-levelled ass through the new raid, just like all the others :)

Weren't you like 243 light when we killed Hard Oryx for you?

Might as well have just left a brick in the middle of the arena :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah the ould e-pen*s messuring competition is about to unfold again :P

Cormac... wrote: »

says the man 'blue orbing' was coined for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sure he wont even take his own 2 pals through Oryx later to keep himself raid fresh :P

• Advertisement

That's right, I can't remember what light level I was but the Thralls bars were coming up as red for me. Was taking almost a full clip of an AR to kill them.

Well there's a flashback :eek:
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Sure he wont even take his own 2 pals through Oryx later to keep himself raid fresh :P

I can't, I'm exhausted. Will probably be in bed by 9.
    I was a total insomniac all weekend.
    I was doing Overwatch competitive placement matches at like 5am Saturday Nighty (Sun morn).
    Herself is in from work at 11pm, I'm going to try be already asleep by then.
    Get a good run at the rest of the week

Does anyone remember the website that would search through your inventory and give you a list of tier 12 items?

4Be0fOP.gif
    Herself is in from work at 11pm, I'm going to try be already asleep by then.

Does anyone remember the website that would search through your inventory and give you a list of tier 12 items?

Destiny Item Manager does it - its one of the settings, shows you percentage wise what rating the item is.

There is also a loadout builder - shows you which items to equip to get 552, or whatever combinations are possible.

http://destinytailor.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonnycivic wrote: »

That's the website I was thinking of but as it happens - it only goes on the items you have equipped at the moment, it doesn't view items in your vault.

DIM does indeed view items in your vault and you can select perks that you want to keep.

That's the website I was thinking of but as it happens - it only goes on the items you have equipped at the moment, it doesn't view items in your vault.

DIM does indeed view items in your vault and you can select perks that you want to keep.

That feature will be disabled on rise of iron day, as they don't know what the stat maxes will be. Armor grading in general is getting disabled. They hope it won't be gone for long but until their calculations are dependable, it'll be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I really wish they would introduce a kiosk for gear sets. That way I wouldn't have to keep all of my IB stuff in the vault, same for the Vault of Glass etc. No reason they couldn't do that.

Advertisement