Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IT Tallaght Free Fees Initiative

• 01-09-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

it-tallaght.ie/contentfiles/Documents/Registrar's%20Office/Registration%202015/Free%20Fees%20Initiative.pdf

Does this still go on? I'm legible for it (Computing Level 8 and I'm going to be in 1st year). I was wondering if the process was hard/complicated? Does it come in the registration pack that they'll give out sometime this week? Please tell me about your experience if anybody has availed to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

You don't have to wait for the registration pack. You can email the Registrar's office (even before you got your offer) and request for Fee Assessment. They will request for documentary evidence from you showing that you are qualified for Free Fees. I did mine few days ago. They said I should expect to hear from them in the coming weeks. It's a very easy process as long as you have documentary evidence. The one I did in DIT took about a week and I got my Fee Assessment Certificate which indicated the fees I was eligible for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gemin1

Thank you so much for your thorough explanation. I'll look for the email address now on the site to ask them. But then I was thinking it's better for me to pop in tomorrow to see what's up because I literally have no clue on how to go on about registering but not having sufficient money to do so.

registering *and starting next week

gemin1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your thorough explanation. I'll look for the email address now on the site to ask them. But then I was thinking it's better for me to pop in tomorrow to see what's up because I literally have no clue on how to go on about registering but not having sufficient money to do so.

It's a better option to pop in. Just go along with your documents so they can make copies and start processing right away.

Documents being P60, Passport and the likes?

• Advertisement

Yes. If you are Irish/EU citizen, you will need your passport. If you are non-EU, you will need your passport, GNIB card and a letter from the Department of Justice. You also need to prove you have been resident in Ireland or the EU for 3 of the last 5 years. If you are Irish you should have no problems.

Thank you so much for your help! I have sent them an email instead as I was unable to leave today. I am an Irish citizen so I'd imagine this'll go quick and easy.

Advertisement