Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Who knows what they are doing! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

I am still leaning towards a combined 1405/1509 squad, but it depends on how many are left in 1405. If there are only a few Airport trainees, then they could be added in as well - who knows!!

There is a FoI request that might give the numbers, but the response is not due back for a couple of weeks:
    www. whatdotheyknow .com/request/c3_delays_updates#incoming-856626

Can't post links yet, so take out the spaces and put into your browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Delightscience

I think any calls will be end of next week / start of the following week for an early October start. MLA on BBC Radio Ulster this morning said the next recruitment campaign starts in January. They would surely need a few people from our campaign in GV before initiating the next recruitment campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Keep hanging in there folks..some day a call will come :)

Nothing like waking up on a Monday, thinking "this week"...its like Groundhog day......On the plus side, the weeks are flying by with anticipation that the call will come...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

How are you guys feeling in 1405? The wait is bad enough for us in 1509 I can't imagine how stressed you all are! Fingers crossed your call comes soon!

• Advertisement

How are you guys feeling in 1405? The wait is bad enough for us in 1509 I can't imagine how stressed you all are! Fingers crossed your call comes soon!
    It's all or nothing at the moment. They are either going to get us all in for the next intake or close the campaign down due to the delay and the fact they have a large number of candidates in 1509 ready to go. Could go either way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

C3POPO wrote: »
    It's all or nothing at the moment. They are either going to get us all in for the next intake or close the campaign down due to the delay and the fact they have a large number of candidates in 1509 ready to go. Could go either way!!!

Can't imagine they could justify using the money to put you all through the stages recently and not have another squad with this campaign. Especially will all the budget cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Most assuredly the wrong place to post this question but didn't think it warranted its own thread and that somebody here could answer.
    My question is this; is there anyone from the 1405 campaign who just has a passing grade (very low AC score) who has been progressed through the medical and PCA?

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    My question is this; is there anyone from the 1405 campaign who just has a passing grade (very low AC score) who has been progressed through the medical and PCA?
    I though everybody that was left in 1405 had been progressed through the remaining stages. Are you still in the campaign and have not been through medical and PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

C3POPO wrote: »
    I though everybody that was left in 1405 had been progressed through the remaining stages. Are you still in the campaign and have not been through medical and PCA?

Apologies for the confusion, I'm part of the 1509 campaign, just sitting on an exceptionally low AC score and wondering if I'll realistically ever be progressed through the later stages of vetting, medical and PCA

• Advertisement

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Apologies for the confusion, I'm part of the 1509 campaign, just sitting on an exceptionally low AC score and wondering if I'll realistically ever be progressed through the later stages of vetting, medical and PCA

I get it now :)

That would be me then :) - I had a really low score in 1405 and really didn't expect to progress as I don't think they have exhausted the list in any of the previous campaigns. After I got my results, I had written off the campaign tbh and it was 16 months later that I got a letter totally out of the blue saying I was progressing. Unfortunately all you can do is wait and see, no one really knows what will happen. Use the 1509 experience to help you with your IST and AC for the next campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

I am exactly the same as c3popo. And the speed at which it moved got my hopes up very high. Now I'm back in the waiting game thinking it's never going to come. I have exactly the same score in 1405 as 1309

Keep hanging in there we have waited this long so we can hack a couple more months eh! :)

Optimistic for a 1405 class given that the Chief Constable confirmed a September intake was postponed until December...most people assumed that was going to be a final 1405 intake..

In addition, I couldn't imagine them leaving us uninformed this long, to suddenly say "we regret to inform you" :)

2 intakes in December should be fun tho....fingers crossed

Exactly nerves2016

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

Nerves2016 wrote: »
    Optimistic for a 1405 class given that the Chief Constable confirmed a September intake was postponed until December...most people assumed that was going to be a final 1405 intake..

In addition, I couldn't imagine them leaving us uninformed this long, to suddenly say "we regret to inform you" :)

2 intakes in December should be fun tho....fingers crossed

Two intakes would be ideal....clean up the backlog and hopefully save some of us from having things expiring!

Yea thats true!

There's a few FOI's in at the minute so they should tell the tale of how many are left in 1405 and what the future plans are for the 1509 crew...best Scenario is both get started in December with two intakes. :)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recruitment_campaign_1405#incoming-862796

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c3_delays_updates#incoming-856626

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Anyone else find that FOI's are great for factual historic information but rubbish on future stuff?
    Replies such as 'currently under review' or 'still to be decided'

Be interesting to see if the questions about holidays are different from what we've been told already ie no holidays during GV and no leave unless birth of own child or own wedding.

I agree. If 1405 was dead in the water surely a dear john wouldn't take that long to arrive........or so you'd imagine.

• Advertisement

I'm curious to know how many of you guys there are left? Wondering would there be enough for a full squad?

10 or 11 in my PCA and the ones i talked to claimed not to be on boards, so could be alot of lurkers....max squad of 50 so should be in or around enough

Cool. When did you guys do your PCA?

think mine was late may/early june. honestly cant remember though. everything came thick and fast at that time.

We all still alive :) Hopefully the PCA/Medical dates hold up and the calls start rolling in mid to end October....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Homer01 wrote: »
    Anyone else find that FOI's are great for factual historic information but rubbish on future stuff?
    Replies such as 'currently under review' or 'still to be decided'

Be interesting to see if the questions about holidays are different from what we've been told already ie no holidays during GV and no leave unless birth of own child or own wedding.

There are no holidays in GV. The course is so intense that missing a day can really hamper your progression. If you are getting married then you are given the day off but you have to have evening classes to catch back up. It sounds harsh but there is no other way, you can't afford to miss lectures

I was thinking my calls would be end of oct beginning of sept but like everything it's a guessing game! But I'm still alive lol

Yeah end of October, start November would be December intake which is what has been provisionally planned....

Just wonder how xmas would work then - In for 2/3 weeks then off from 22nd or 23rd till January

God knows il just be happy if we get that far lol

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

Yeah end of October, start November would be December intake which is what has been provisionally planned....

Just wonder how xmas would work then - In for 2/3 weeks then off from 22nd or 23rd till January

As stated above no holidays in garnerville. Christmas day boxing day off then working back at it

• Advertisement

That would be a win win as I'm due to work Xmas and Boxing Day this year lol

Advertisement