Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help with conflicting opinions on Regaine!

Options
  • 23-08-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

(Sorry about the wall of text, I have some simple questions below if too long to read)

A few people have told me that I am going a little thin at the back and top of my head. I have taken a few pictures myself but can just see a line of skin that just looks like my scalp.

But in the last few weeks I've started to become more aware of it and have felt it start to tingle - I don't know it's spreading or if it's just because I'm more self conscious about it now (kind of like if someone jokingly tells you that you have a spider in your hair, and you can feel it even if it isn't there). I've read on the internet that if you can feel it tingle then you are going bald.

I would very much be on the side of people who just shave it all off and get on with their lives, but I'm only 24, I don't think a bald head would suit me right now, and I would kick myself later on if I knew there was an easy way to prolong my hair life.

So I took to the internet of course and saw that lots of people suggest Rogaine (Regaine in Europe) and they say that there is no harm in trying it for a few months and if you can't see any change you can just stop.

So I thought I had nothing to lose (excuse the pun) and would try it out. I went to the chemist today and asked for Regaine and the pharmacist said that it works but warned that if I stopped using it my hair would fall out more/go bald faster than if I never started using it. This took me by surprise and I told her I would think about it some more.

So here are my questions:

1) If I stop using Regaine will my hair fall out more/go bald quicker than if I never started using it?
    2) Does it give a greasy look to my hair or cause dandruff or other unwanted effects?
    3) Does it have a smell? If so good or bad?
    4) Apart from the cost, has anyone ever had a negative experience with Regaine?

Any help would be appreciated! I feel like I am in a race against time here and I can't stop thinking about it.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Go to a proper doctor, a friend of mine had terrible thinning and went to the place in blackrock clinic. Was not expensive and now he has a full head of hair. I tell everyone his story. The sooner you do it the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Zascar wrote: »
    Go to a proper doctor, a friend of mine had terrible thinning and went to the place in blackrock clinic. Was not expensive and now he has a full head of hair. I tell everyone his story. The sooner you do it the better

I was wondering whether I should just go to a doctor but I felt would be out of place in a doctor's surgery.
    Can you give me more info on what they did with your friend? Is he on some sort of lifelong treatment, like that drug that has all those nasty potential side effects?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

He got some hair mouse and some pills and took them for a few months and the difference was huge. I don't think he is on any of the stuff any more but not sure.

Basically the earlier you go the easier it is. Just go and see id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

First thing you should do is go to a real doctor, and get some blood work done - a micronutrient deficiency could be the issue. Something as simple as a b-vitamin could be all you need. Also look at your diet, malnutrition (e.g. lack of protein in diet) can cause baldness.

He got some hair mouse and some pills and took them for a few months and the difference was huge. I don't think he is on any of the stuff any more but not sure.

Basically the earlier you go the easier it is. Just go and see id say.

Yes. Maybe a doctor would be a good place to start. I would be really angry with myself if I didn't at least try when I had the chance. When I am older and have a wife and children (if it ever happens), I will likely give zero fks about my hair and just let nature take it's course.

Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement

First thing you should do is go to a real doctor, and get some blood work done - a micronutrient deficiency could be the issue. Something as simple as a b-vitamin could be all you need. Also look at your diet, malnutrition (e.g. lack of protein in diet) can cause baldness.

As baldness is very much in the family I just assumed that its just regular genetics (which it more than likely is) but I didn't really think about other potential causes like malnutrition. I've also been having a really sh!tty time at work for the last, I'd say 2 years. Maybe stress is contributing.

I would have thought though that malnutrition and stress would cause kind of patchy bald areas in random places rather than thinning in the typical male pattern baldness areas. That's why I'm thinking it's genetics.

Edit: I have 2 older brothers, one is nearly 30 the other is in his early 40s. Neither of them are bald or going bald from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Blackrock charge 10eur per graft. It was definitely expensive.

Blackrock charge 10eur per graft. It was definitely expensive.

As I already said, my friend got some mouse and some pills, no surgery. Grafts are for people who are properly balding, OP said he was just thinning so he may be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

As I already said, my friend got some mouse and some pills, no surgery. Grafts are for people who are properly balding, OP said he was just thinning so he may be fine.

Ah, apologies. That's an amazing result if just on meds. Fair play.

I went to the doctor today (unfortunately he was an old bald man). He told me that it was male pattern baldness and there was nothing that could be done.
    He said that there are tablets that reverse the hairloss but they have terrible side effects like, and I quote, "growing breasts" and "shrunken testicles". He kind of sounded like a troll on the internet :)

I asked him about Regaine and he said that it does make you grow some hair but that it's mainly just fluff that doesn't grow into anything substantial (which I tend to believe). He also said that over time it can weaken the skin and if you stop using it you could, for example, lose as much hair in 2 months that, had you not started treatment, would be lost in 2 years. I really do not want to be a slave to a corporate living every day in fear.

He basically told me, I'm fokd. Which is about as much as I would expect from a bald man.

I'm in quite the pickle now. Do I keep pursuing ways to delay this or do I leave my poor head alone and hope that it happens very gradually? Man, I always new I would eventually lose my hair but not in my early 20s. It's truly depressing, but I guess I'll just have to forget about it and steam ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

On the first point the doctor was plain wrong, there are many different effective methods of reversing or at least stopping or slowing hair loss. The "big three" are ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral), topical minoxidil (Rogaine/Kirkland) and oral finasteride (Propecia - expensive or a myriad of much much cheaper generics such as Fintrid, Profal, Proscar etc).

The "big three" :

ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral). I do not know the mechanism of ketoconazole and I am not using it.

Minoxidil basically is a stimulant to the follicle. Works for some in halting thinning hair. I bought a 6 months supply of generic Kirkland minoxidil but I have decided that I will not use it due to one side effect of long term use. That is it is known to inhibit collagen sythesis meaning it may well weaken your skin. A certain amount will go systemic so there have been people saying it affects your face - you can develop wrinkles younger.

Finasteride blocks the production of DHT which is the real culprit in balding. It is taken in tablet form at 1mg/day. It can cause side effects, there's plenty on the net about it, but I've been using it 6 months and haven't experienced anything negative to date. At 6 months i get the feeling that it is working - running my hand through my hair it feels fuller, but I haven't any way of knowing for certain.

Musketeer4 wrote: »
    On the first point the doctor was plain wrong, there are many different effective methods of reversing or at least stopping or slowing hair loss. The "big three" are ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral), topical minoxidil (Rogaine/Kirkland) and oral finasteride (Propecia - expensive or a myriad of much much cheaper generics such as Fintrid, Profal, Proscar etc).

The "big three" :

ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral). I do not know the mechanism of ketoconazole and I am not using it.

Minoxidil basically is a stimulant to the follicle. Works for some in halting thinning hair. I bought a 6 months supply of generic Kirkland minoxidil but I have decided that I will not use it due to one side effect of long term use. That is it is known to inhibit collagen sythesis meaning it may well weaken your skin. A certain amount will go systemic so there have been people saying it affects your face - you can develop wrinkles younger.

Finasteride blocks the production of DHT which is the real culprit in balding. It is taken in tablet form at 1mg/day. It can cause side effects, there's plenty on the net about it, but I've been using it 6 months and haven't experienced anything negative to date. At 6 months i get the feeling that it is working - running my hand through my hair it feels fuller, but I haven't any way of knowing for certain.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I tend to believe the internet more than doctors these days for certain things. Sometimes just reading through many posts of peoples experience can give you a picture of more clarity than any doctor.

Is Finasteride a prescription only drug? The doctor may only have been referring to the internet products giving people nasty side effects.

He did recommend Nizoral which I got and tried out. It really improved the itchy/tingly feeling. It makes your hair look like you haven't washed it in a week however. I might only use it once a week for now.

No problem, glad to share my experience with someone!

Yes I believe there is a phenomenon known in hair loss circles as AGA itch. Whether in fact it is actually related to the hair folicle miniturization process or not, I am not certain. It may be, it may be just coincidence.

My own anectode on it is that my hair has thinned somewhat on top over the past 3 years or so but it I only notice it myself, I'm a long way off "bald" territory yet but I want to nip this in the bud before it takes hold. Prevention in better than cure. Anyway, over the past 5 or 6 years I have had instances of having an itch scalp on top of my head. My bet would be on there being some basis for itch being some way related to male baldness.

Yes, finasteride is a prescription only drug. I got a prescription from a certain website that comes up if you type web, doctor and dot eye e into google. :cool::p
    That cost €25 for a 6 month perscription.

I got a 6 months supply of generic finasteride, Profal was the brand. I think it cost like €30 for the 46 5mg tabs. You split it into 4 and take 1.25mg per day. Compare this to the brand name Propecia, 1mg per day, which is specifically aimed at the hair loss market. Exact same active ingredient and it costs upwards of €100 per month!! Go generic!

From my research there appears to be a significant body of evidence that even a 1mg/d dose is overkill and that much smaller doses, even say 0.25mg per day, can lower DHT levels by more or less the same amount as 1mg, therefore having the same result on hair growth. By that logic a 6 month supply as prescribed could last much longer. However, all i can suggest to you here is that you follow the dosage instructions as given by your pharmacist. My own regimen is 0.6mg fin per day, ie one eight of a tab. No side effects to date. Personally, I think the side effects thing is way over blown.

I can't see nizoral having much impact if used alone.

No problem, glad to share my experience with someone!

Yes I believe there is a phenomenon known in hair loss circles as AGA itch. Whether in fact it is actually related to the hair folicle miniturization process or not, I am not certain. It may be, it may be just coincidence.

My own anectode on it is that my hair has thinned somewhat on top over the past 3 years or so but it I only notice it myself, I'm a long way off "bald" territory yet but I want to nip this in the bud before it takes hold. Prevention in better than cure. Anyway, over the past 5 or 6 years I have had instances of having an itch scalp on top of my head. My bet would be on there being some basis for itch being some way related to male baldness.

Yes, finasteride is a prescription only drug. I got a prescription from a certain website that comes up if you type web, doctor and dot eye e into google. :cool::p
    That cost €25 for a 6 month perscription.

I got a 6 months supply of generic finasteride, Profal was the brand. I think it cost like €30 for the 46 5mg tabs. You split it into 4 and take 1.25mg per day. Compare this to the brand name Propecia, 1mg per day, which is specifically aimed at the hair loss market. Exact same active ingredient and it costs upwards of €100 per month!! Go generic!

From my research there appears to be a significant body of evidence that even a 1mg/d dose is overkill and that much smaller doses, even say 0.25mg per day, can lower DHT levels by more or less the same amount as 1mg, therefore having the same result on hair growth. By that logic a 6 month supply as prescribed could last much longer. However, all i can suggest to you here is that you follow the dosage instructions as given by your pharmacist. My own regimen is 0.6mg fin per day, ie one eight of a tab. No side effects to date. Personally, I think the side effects thing is way over blown.

I can't see nizoral having much impact if used alone.

Thanks for the info. So you don't actually get the drugs online, only the prescription? Then you get the drugs in a regular pharmacist? Do you ever have a problem getting it in the pharmacist?

Do you know of any doctors who have prescribed the drug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Just saw this popping up on the home page so clicked in.

A family member went bald more or less from a young age, and its something he still never got over :-) He has tried everything bar a graft i.e regaine etc.

Two things tho that make a difference and i really mean a difference you can see are Head High tablets, and secondly i buy him Spectral R.S and Spectral DNC. Are both a solution to your problem as in will the hair grow back and you dont have to worry about it again? Probably not, i think its an ongoing battle you will have. But the Spectral stuff really works. I dont know whats in them etc etc, but there is before and after pictures we took and they defiantly helped the hair grow back. Unfortunately my hotmail decided to delete anything older than one year so i cant show you the difference, but it was from the Spectral. The thing about both products i have mentioned is they need to be constantly used as in if you stop using the spectral i think the hair thins again type thing.
    I use the head high myself, ive got curly hair and find it helps, but then when i stop taking them I can notice the difference.

Perhaps you are looking for a better solution but just thought i would throw this out there so you can look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

bfa1509 wrote: »
    (Sorry about the wall of text, I have some simple questions below if too long to read)

A few people have told me that I am going a little thin at the back and top of my head. I have taken a few pictures myself but can just see a line of skin that just looks like my scalp.

But in the last few weeks I've started to become more aware of it and have felt it start to tingle - I don't know it's spreading or if it's just because I'm more self conscious about it now (kind of like if someone jokingly tells you that you have a spider in your hair, and you can feel it even if it isn't there). I've read on the internet that if you can feel it tingle then you are going bald.

I would very much be on the side of people who just shave it all off and get on with their lives, but I'm only 24, I don't think a bald head would suit me right now, and I would kick myself later on if I knew there was an easy way to prolong my hair life.

So I took to the internet of course and saw that lots of people suggest Rogaine (Regaine in Europe) and they say that there is no harm in trying it for a few months and if you can't see any change you can just stop.

So I thought I had nothing to lose (excuse the pun) and would try it out. I went to the chemist today and asked for Regaine and the pharmacist said that it works but warned that if I stopped using it my hair would fall out more/go bald faster than if I never started using it. This took me by surprise and I told her I would think about it some more.

So here are my questions:

1) If I stop using Regaine will my hair fall out more/go bald quicker than if I never started using it?
    2) Does it give a greasy look to my hair or cause dandruff or other unwanted effects?
    3) Does it have a smell? If so good or bad?
    4) Apart from the cost, has anyone ever had a negative experience with Regaine?

Any help would be appreciated! I feel like I am in a race against time here and I can't stop thinking about it.

That is completely false info , it does not cause hair to fall out faster after stopping use. It will simple cause your hair to go back to the state it was in before you began use of the drug, but you may have naturally lost more hair during that period had you not used it. So maybe people believe stopping its use cause more hair to fall out than would have naturally ,due to this reason

That's minoxidil.

Everything, bar a hair transplant, has to be used continuously to stave off baldness. That much should be fairly logical.

Another important point is that, as with anything else, prevention is infinitely better than cure. Minoxidil and/or finasteride will succesfully prevent one from becoming bald in most cases. However, if you are already an egg head the follicles are more or less dead and there is nothing that can be done except for a hair transplant.
    Anyone who is totally bald on top who thinks there is a magic potion that will restore their flowing locks of their teens is deluded.

To the OP, yes I got the prescription from a Dublin based doctor who does a lot of business through his website. I brought the prescription to the local pharmacy and got the finasteride no problem. The Profal I got is more commonly used to treat an enlarged prostate as that is also related to high DHT levels. Pharmacologically, it is identical to the rediculously expensive Propecia.

That's minoxidil.

Everything, bar a hair transplant, has to be used continuously to stave off baldness. That much should be fairly logical.

Another important point is that, as with anything else, prevention is infinitely better than cure. Minoxidil and/or finasteride will succesfully prevent one from becoming bald in most cases. However, if you are already an egg head the follicles are more or less dead and there is nothing that can be done except for a hair transplant.
    Anyone who is totally bald on top who thinks there is a magic potion that will restore their flowing locks of their teens is deluded.

To the OP, yes I got the prescription from a Dublin based doctor who does a lot of business through his website. I brought the prescription to the local pharmacy and got the finasteride no problem. The Profal I got is more commonly used to treat an enlarged prostate as that is also related to high DHT levels. Pharmacologically, it is identical to the rediculously expensive Propecia.

Ah ok! Thats reassuring.

I was sold until I did some digging into the side effects. It's strange because some papers say that there is a very low chance of side effects, then there are sites/forums/physicians who say that the medication is 'poisonous' (whatever that means) and that it can cause irreversible damage.

Then there are others (who worry me the most) who say they have no side effects at all, apart from pain in their right testicle, difficulty achieving erections, weight gain, trouble sleeping and depression. Getting any of these side effects, no matter how small a chance, terrifies me. But then again, having no hair at such a young age, with no girlfriend etc. really depresses me.

There was another female doctor I went to see a couple of months ago for an unrelated ailment and she wasn't afraid to give it to me straight. Maybe I should make an appointment with her and ask her about it. I have a feeling she's going to tell me the same thing however. I wish Ireland wasn't so far behind on these things...

wakka12 wrote: »
    That is completely false info , it does not cause hair to fall out faster after stopping use. It will simple cause your hair to go back to the state it was in before you began use of the drug, but you may have naturally lost more hair during that period had you not used it. So maybe people believe stopping its use cause more hair to fall out than would have naturally ,due to this reason

Do you mind if I ask if you have used finasteride and if so if you have any views on it or issues with it?

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask if you have used finasteride and if so if you have any views on it or issues with it?

I recently began using it. About a month into it now. Some testicular pain at first but not other side effects apart from that. My libido was quite low to begin with though so didnt notice any drop

And my view on it is that men completely over exaggerate potential side effects because their manhoods at stake. (such as getting boobs, having less erections, etc all 'feminising ' features) and I think thats why a lot of men fear it when in reality its no more 'dangerous' than many other prescription drugs people regularly take without taking a year to decide on whether they should take it or not

• Advertisement

I've been on it 6 months or so. No perceptible negative side effects here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Used Regain 16 years ago. Found I started using it too late, as it keeps your hair, but doesn't really grow the hair you've lost (for me anyway).

Found it greasy and messy, and at the time, expensive. After using it for a couple of months, I stopped using it. People probably get massive hairloss after stopping using it, as although it prevents hairloss, it only prevents hairloss whilst being used.
    wakka12 wrote: »
    And my view on it is that men completely over exaggerate potential side effects because their manhoods at stake. (such as getting boobs, having less erections, etc all 'feminising ' features)t
    Regain had most/all of these side-effects as posisble things that may happen, as the Regain lowers your testosterone, but they list them as possible effects. Never got any of them personally.

Finasteride has a host of issues, as per this study. Kinda scary. In saying that, it's still on the market, so I'd assume like all medicines if one causes side-effects, stop using it, and go back to the doctor to get them to suggest another one.

=-=

After the failure of Reaine, I did a Mac3 (at 23; started going typical noticeable male bald pattern at maybe 17 or 18), and have been shaving my head on a regular (once or twice a week) since. Advise you to have some face hair (even a goatee) if you decide to shave your head, or just go for a number one or two all over IMO.

Finasteride lowers dihydrotestosterone by inhibiting the 5 alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT. In fact, by blocking this conversion, actually causes a minor increase in testosterone. But DHT is far more important that T at regulating your sex system than T, hence the possibility of sides.

Although DHT is converted from T throughout the body by 5AR, it is primarily the DHT which is produced in the follicle itself which effects miniaturisation of the follicle rather than DHT circulating in your blood. The problem with 5AR inhibitors like finasteride is that they are a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach that drastically reduces DHT thoughout the body, potentially causing unwanted sides, when really you only want to get rid of DHT in the scalp.
    For this reason many researchers have studies the use of topical finasteride, often combined with minoxidil. These studies have often found topical finasteride is just as effective as oral finasteride and has a lower incidence of side effects. Yay! Part of its effectiveness relates to its property of being readily absorbed through the skin. There is still some possibility of side effects though for sensitive individuals as a portion of the finasteride will "go systemic", ie pass into the blood stream.

BUT!

Finasteride is a very dangerous molecule for a pregnant woman to come into contact with. DHT is very important in the development of the sex organs fo a male fetus and since finasteride blocks DHT production, it can and will cause birth defects in male fetus if the mother is exposed to it while pregnant. In fact, the risk is so well established it is that case that women are not even supposed to handle finasteride pills that have been cracked or crushed in any way even while not pregnant, just in case they might become pregnant after handling the molecule. In practice this means that topical finasteride, despite being effective in treating AGA, and owing to its good transdermal absorbtion is a complete non runner as if a woman touches the scalp or hair of a man using it she will be exposed to the drug and harm may be caused to the baby.

Phew. Anyway, just FYI.

Finasteride lowers dihydrotestosterone by inhibiting the 5 alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT. In fact, by blocking this conversion, actually causes a minor increase in testosterone. But DHT is far more important that T at regulating your sex system than T, hence the possibility of sides.

Although DHT is converted from T throughout the body by 5AR, it is primarily the DHT which is produced in the follicle itself which effects miniaturisation of the follicle rather than DHT circulating in your blood. The problem with 5AR inhibitors like finasteride is that they are a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach that drastically reduces DHT thoughout the body, potentially causing unwanted sides, when really you only want to get rid of DHT in the scalp.
    For this reason many researchers have studies the use of topical finasteride, often combined with minoxidil. These studies have often found topical finasteride is just as effective as oral finasteride and has a lower incidence of side effects. Yay! Part of its effectiveness relates to its property of being readily absorbed through the skin. There is still some possibility of side effects though for sensitive individuals as a portion of the finasteride will "go systemic", ie pass into the blood stream.

BUT!

Finasteride is a very dangerous molecule for a pregnant woman to come into contact with. DHT is very important in the development of the sex organs fo a male fetus and since finasteride blocks DHT production, it can and will cause birth defects in male fetus if the mother is exposed to it while pregnant. In fact, the risk is so well established it is that case that women are not even supposed to handle finasteride pills that have been cracked or crushed in any way even while not pregnant, just in case they might become pregnant after handling the molecule. In practice this means that topical finasteride, despite being effective in treating AGA, and owing to its good transdermal absorbtion is a complete non runner as if a woman touches the scalp or hair of a man using it she will be exposed to the drug and harm may be caused to the baby.

Phew. Anyway, just FYI.
    Thats so interesring, thanks so much for sharing. Why isn't topical fin more widely used then? I cant even think of a commercial topical finasteride product thats available or talked about

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

To the op, I started losing my hair at 27, 39 now, It really started to come out fast, I use (every second night regaine liquid)!, Nizoral every third day (It works "really works" and dutasteride! every second day. Its called "Avodart" in the chemist, I'm lucky my doc prescribed it. Use those 3 and you,ll gain what you've already lost, and to be honest, I havent lost any hair in ten years.
    A specialist in UK told me about avodart it works much better than finasteride!!

Yep yep yep ..:D

Musketeer4 You mentioned you cut up the 5mg pill into 1/8ths(~0.62mg), I've found this difficult to do as the 5mg pill is very small, using a razor blade i still have trouble making them even at such small pieces, they are usually always uneven.

As for my own experience I've been taking fintrid(finasteride) for 6 months, at the start i was taking it in 1/4ths (1.25mg) it's hard to gauge if it was my overthinking it but i felt like my sex drive was low and erections we're not as strong. I cut down to 1/8ths and i feel like its improved but once again it's hard to know if it's all in your head.

I'm way off being bald but noticed my temples were getting thin, i do seem to have regrowth there but the hairs are still thinner than elsewhere. My plan is to keep on it for the meantime and monitor it over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Steve012 wrote: »
    To the op, I started losing my hair at 27, 39 now, It really started to come out fast, I use (every second night regaine liquid)!, Nizoral every third day (It works "really works" and dutasteride! every second day. Its called "Avodart" in the chemist, I'm lucky my doc prescribed it. Use those 3 and you,ll gain what you've already lost, and to be honest, I havent lost any hair in ten years.
    A specialist in UK told me about avodart it works much better than finasteride!!

Yep yep yep ..:D

Any before and after pics of said results?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Passenger wrote: »
    Any before and after pics of said results?

You can't really see mate, but if I can route out some old pics of when I was 27 I will, and take a new shot of hair now, no worries.. I've studied the topic for years and been on all the forums across the world, Thats the regime a lot of guys follow, with Dutasteride being quite strong, your adviced to stop for a least a year before trying for children with your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

with Dutasteride being quite strong, your adviced to stop for a least a year before trying for children with your partner.

Jaysus surely that **** couldn't be good for your body long-term...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

You can't really see mate, but if I can route out some old pics of when I was 27 I will, and take a new shot of hair now, no worries.. I've studied the topic for years and been on all the forums across the world, Thats the regime a lot of guys follow, with Dutasteride being quite strong, your adviced to stop for a least a year before trying for children with your partner.

Ah grand. Dutasteride performs similarly to Finasteride with similar side-effects though too apparently.

Advertisement