Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top 5 lego sets ever

Options
  • 01-09-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭

Hey I never buy retired sets from ebay however am thinking of buying some (mint in sealed boxes), if you could go back and buy 5 sets what would they be?

I'm thinking in particular of the haunted house, it's about €420...

Some of the older pirate ships were great but they've going for thousands.

and I should point out purpose of these purchases is to build them myself, display for 6 months and then put away to re-give my son in a few years and let him build them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The original Pirate ship
    The castle from 1984-86 when they were doing robin hood.
    The Mega Core Magnetizer
    Ice Station Odyssey
    The Lego Technic Jeep from about 2009.

All sets I never got as a kid, and wanted desperately, except for obviously the jeep in 2009 when as an adult I couldn't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

I agree about some of the pirate ships. I got 6285 Black Seas Barracuda on ebay a few years ago, not mint but with the box and instructions. It's fantastic, wasn't very expensive either, about €100. Definitely my favourite set.

5 sets are tough, but I'd be delighted with any of these:

6271 Imperial Flagship
    6277 Imperial Trading Post
    6542 Launch and Load Seaport
    6090 Royal Knight's Castle
    6765 Gold City Junction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Conchir wrote: »
    6277 Imperial Trading Post
    6090 Royal Knight's Castle

Love those 2 sets but probably not going to spend €500+ on misb

Shame those 2 classic themes seem not to be made anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Love those 2 sets but probably not going to spend €500+ on misb

Shame those 2 classic themes seem not to be made anymore :(

Yeah my list was a "wildest dreams" type of thing. A realistic one would probably look quite different :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Conchir wrote: »
    6765 Gold City Junction

wouldn't mind that one either, go nice with the fort set. Always on the lookout for these two

4502 - Xwing on dagobah
    7666 - Starwars Hoth

Some of my favourites

Starwars - republic gunship 75021, at-at 75054, At-ot/dropship 10195 (the drop ship is amazing), 75046 Corrusant police gunship

Lego fort - 7679

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

syboit wrote: »
    wouldn't mind that one either, go nice with the fort set. Always on the lookout for these two

4502 - Xwing on dagobah
    7666 - Starwars Hoth

Some of my favourites

Starwars - republic gunship 75021, at-at 75054, At-ot/dropship 10195 (the drop ship is amazing), 75046 Corrusant police gunship

Lego fort - 7679

Look no further for hoth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-7666-Star-Wars-Hoth-Rebel-Base-Ship-to-Worldwide-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/262140557172?hash=item3d08cb7774:g:DWAAAOSwIwhWRCZe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

1980s Space Lego was the best.

6931 and 6980 were my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I always remember wanting 6990 Monorail and 8860 or 8865 Technic car.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The big Lego spaceships from the 1980s were superb. They were simply incredible in terms of build and playability.

I "bricklinked" 10210 Imperial Flagship it's fantastic! Got all but the masts but made them out of round bricks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement