Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So,it's half four in the morning...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've been lying in bed for four hours trying to sleep and failing miserably

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've a week off from college so my sleeping pattern is messed up. Feeling kind of tired tonight though because I had to be up at the unearthly hour of 10am this morning so only got about 5 hours sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Oyva bigwan

CTYIgirl wrote: »

Tip: put the phone/computer away

CTYIgirl wrote: »

I don't know why but anytime I can't sleep, a glass of milk always helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

In the middle of a one am The Office binge and the internet cuts out. Never let others in your flat be in charge of a bill. Take control and never miss another prank on Dwight again.

:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

In the middle of a one am The Office binge and the internet cuts out. Never let others in your flat be in charge of a bill. Take control and never miss another prank on Dwight again.

:/

Being in charge of bills is very overrated. I do everything in this house because no one else wanted to step up to the plate and it is quite annoying. This month has been the worst, UPC came out of my account last week and I've mentioned it at least four times to one of the girls and every time she's just like 'oh god yeah I'd better get onto that', like sorry I'm out of pocket at the moment I don't mind a few days but it's been a week and it's gonna drag out over the weekend now and just not cool. :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    Being in charge of bills is very overrated. I do everything in this house because no one else wanted to step up to the plate and it is quite annoying. This month has been the worst, UPC came out of my account last week and I've mentioned it at least four times to one of the girls and every time she's just like 'oh god yeah I'd better get onto that', like sorry I'm out of pocket at the moment I don't mind a few days but it's been a week and it's gonna drag out over the weekend now and just not cool. :mad:

Change the router password the day the money comes out of your account each month. Only give the new password to the housemates who've paid you.

:cool:

Slow Show wrote: »

It may be overrated but I'm already in charge of rent and electricity. Someone else has the internet and now we have problems. some people are just better at keeping on top of things and end up kind of having to do it

I should put them in charge of the water bill when it arrives cause I wasnt planning
    On paying for it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Just finished dinner...... Yup officially done .pass the vodka please and I drink myself into a coma

04:20 What a great time to get home from work.

• Advertisement

One of these days I will go to bed early. Night guys have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 galway girl 22222

nothing worse than lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Did'ne sleep till apres 5 last night ........ disaster this morning

I'm going through a fairly toxic cycle at the moment. I've to be up early every morning this week, like 7/8 o clock but my brain won't let me sleep until 2:30 at the earliest. Then, on Sunday when I finally get the chance to lie in I'll probably sleep for about 12 hours straight and so the cycle continues.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thousands and thousands of people walking through Limerick for Darkness Into Light. Absolutely stunning. Well worth waking up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

And once again Im pulling another all nighter before my exam...ffs
    Studied the crap out of this ages ago, multiple times, youd think Id remember it, but nooooooo, might as well be new material *sigh*

Edit: exam went sh1t. The stuff I started studying 2 months ago didnt come up. At all. 0 trace. The stuff I only came across last night did. :( And I just realise I repeatedly refered to Nitrogen as a mineral, that becomes leached in soil, What is my life? :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

04:59.

Close enough.

bubz

Ooooh lalalalala

Soooo its actually 5am, and of course all good ingenious ideas are concieved at 5 am. I just came up with a really good idea as to what I think would make a good, no no strike that, a great comedy show. But alas, maybe when Im older and wiser Ill pitch what probably is my terrible idea to some major tv network and sell it for millions. Anywhoooo Im here cause Im in a weirdly spritely mood, a lot better than Ive felt in a long time. I was googling things which took me into the deep dark corners of the internet and now I leave enlightened and renewed. For the first time in a long time I have a plan, some long term plan, that I will never follow through on, or even I did actively persue it there are impermeale barriers stopping me but the none the less I shall keep my plan (other than selling my tv show idea for millions) in the back of my mind, a nice path to follow with a destination. Just far enough off that I don't have to be overwhelmed by it but close enough that I have to take steps now in order to achieve it, which will hopefully keep me focused and distracted from the complexitites of life. LALALALALA JUST KEEP SWIMMING

My plan; Im going to be the king pin drug dealer of the moon. TADAAAAAAA

I've just got in the door from my pitch black, rain soaked, 4K trek along the back roads home from work.
    In the first part of it I came across two horses in the vacant lot I cut through. Most nights. They're new. Nerve wracked trying to slowly walk past them in the dark hoping they wouldn't freak out and buck me over the fence.

Second part of the nights adventure as I walked along the final stretch of boreen. My flashlight illuminated the tiniest wettest white kitten I have ever come across. My first thought was some are had abandoned it. Tried to pick it up to bring home with me but it was too fast for me. After spending far too long making cat alluring noises towards a ditch I decided it was probably a wild kitten and not actually in trouble.

Thank god I carry a flashlight with me. Horse
    noises and cat silhouettes would probably make me expire from fear if I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

F*cking mosquitoes.

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    F*cking mosquitoes.

Kill em with fire.

Kill em with fire.

Nah. With an electric zapper thing. Practicing my tennis skills.

03:30. That'll do.

I found a website that plays relaxing background noises. Right now I'm playing fire, rain, and waves all at the same time. Like an autumn bonfire by the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Well its actually 2.43pm here in Christchurch New Zealand and I'm sitting in a portable toilet on a site near the city centre reading boards..

Makes sense that jacks is in your name :pac:

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Well its actually 2.43pm here in Christchurch New Zealand and I'm sitting in a portable toilet on a site near the city centre reading boards..

46954582.jpg

NZ.. nice.

An File wrote: »
    03:30. That'll do.

I found a website that plays relaxing background noises. Right now I'm playing fire, rain, and waves all at the same time. Like an autumn bonfire by the beach.

You sent shivers down my spine, good app for that is this if you have an iphone/pod

Jhcx wrote: »
    You sent shivers down my spine, good app for that is this if you have an iphone/pod

I logged into StumbleUpon for the first time in forever. It keeps finding amazing things for me. I'm addicted to this game now.

www.flashbynight.com/drench

Finally something other than 2048 to play!

A Dark Room

This was the last game StumbleUpon got me hooked on.

Starts as one thing. If you commit the time it becomes something else entirely. Lot's of "one more clicks" to see if it changes up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

ugh, my husband has class and needs to catch the bus at 7:30, and I have to drive him into town, and I am wakeful because of restless cats and restless bladder, and what the heck am I doing posting in this forum anyway, I'm 50, lol.

Advertisement