Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you find it hard to get used to actors in different programmes?

• 30-07-2016 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭

The two that I can think of off the top of my head are,
    When Jane left Eastenders and started acting in Waterloo Road in Scotland. I used always call her Jane and not Christine.
    The other is Jackie in Fair City, she's always Carrie Crowley to me.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Keith Duffy, when he moved from coronation street to carrigstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Radio5

Sgt. June from the Bill re-appearing as posh Georgia, Priya and Jai's mother in Emmerdale. Couldn't get used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Daithí Mac Suibhne turning up as Emmet O'Brien in Fair City while Eoin from Ros na Run is 'working away'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Simon Rouse as DCI Jack Meadows in The Bill showed up as an ageing football hooligan in Casualty. Just a guest appearance but it was so far from the wily old copper in The Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Erica in Corrie will always be Kim Tate to many viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It entirely depends on the actor. If they're talented enough it shouldn't be an issue. Not a soap actor but for instance David Jason has played a few characters yet you'd don't see him as del boy everytime!

True, same with Geoffrey Hughes. He was Eddie Yates in Corrie, Onslow in Keeping up Appearances and he was also in Hearbeat, though I can't recall the character's name. He seemed to fit into the roles without you automatically thinking 'oh there's him from Corrie' ...

Geoffrey Hughes was Vernon Scripps in Heartbeat. He faked his own death to avoid the taxman. Another reason I think Val will be back in Emmerdale; ITV have form. :D

Pat (Pam St. Clement) Butcher in Casualty this evening. Did a good Irish accent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

There's a woman in emmerdale she was Julie in Corrie she was the sister to the guy in homefarm that was with Katie and charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Hilda Ogden from Corrie in Last of the Summer Wine. Excellent in both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

There's a woman in emmerdale she was Julie in Corrie she was the sister to the guy in homefarm that was with Katie and charity

Gaynor Faye. She was Judy Mallett in Corrie and is Megan in Emmerdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Gaynor Faye. She was Judy Mallett in Corrie and is Megan in Emmerdale.

Oh that's it and I think jai the guy she is seeing was dev 's cousin in Corrie at some point

Jai = Chris Bisson was Vikram Desai in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Daithí Mac Suibhne turning up as Emmet O'Brien in Fair City while Eoin from Ros na Run is 'working away'!!

Love Daithi! Great actor! Hope he comes back to RnR this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Yes absolutely. I think the one I most couldn't get used to most is Patrick Stewart from Star Trek to X-Men Movie. Being type-cast is real problem for actors and I suppose he's done quite well.

Edit: oops I though this was general and not specific to soaps , apologies.

The actor who plays Aaron in Emmerdale is is the Scott and Bailey series currently on RTE1 . It's weird to see him smile and wear a colour other than black!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Jai = Chris Bisson was Vikram Desai in Corrie.

And was in the early days of Shameless too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

Simon Rouse as DCI Jack Meadows in The Bill showed up as an ageing football hooligan in Casualty. Just a guest appearance but it was so far from the wily old copper in The Bill.

He was brilliant, much earlier in his career as a possessed colonist in a Doctor Who.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

If the actor is good enough then you shouldn't notice.

My father watch's a western series called gunsmoke . Most of the one off characters are played by the same actors. This week he is a robber , next a bank manager , then a priest Etc . They are truly believable every episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

If the actor is good enough then you shouldn't notice.

My father watch's a western series called gunsmoke . Most of the one off characters are played by the same actors. This week he is a robber , next a bank manager , then a priest Etc . They are truly believable every episode
    Pre-reruns, that was so common. Doctor Who, the various ITC shows, Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, Columbo, Murder, She Wrote, Star Trek, studios and companies would have go-to actors to play certain types of roles, dirty foreigners, etc.

Advertisement