Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madame Lisa in Limerick

Options
  • 16-04-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone has been to see madame lisa in Limerick..is she any good and how do you go about seeing her??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭firiesclose

Hi, I went to Madame Lisa in June in Abbeyfeale. She normally comes to my local hotel in Kerry every 2 months or so but I needed to see her and couldn't wait. I went to her about 12 years ago and hadn't been to one since. I went as I am undergoing IVF and wanted to know if she saw children in my future.I had my cards read, she hit the nail on the head with her first comment, she said I had stomach or gynae problems. I said I had stomach problems and nothing else. I said very little to her and left her do all the talking. Out of the 12 main points she said to me about half were accurate, moving house, husband profession etc, the other half I felt were general comments - going on holiday, go back to education etc. She said I had been pregnant twice in the past (this was correct) but didn't know / say I lost both pregnanices. You can ask a question at the end and mine was could she see me pregnant in the future and she said no. Explained my story to her and she said she could not see me pregnant in the future naturally or aided. I now plan to go to a different psychic or medium to see if I am told the same reading. I will pm you her phone number in Limerick. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 none01

hi there i was just wondering if you could mail me the numbers of jackie in ardfert and the number for madame lisa ive heard that jackie is amazing but you say no,could you tell me why??thank you, noelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 none01

hi there, well i went to see madame lisa and was feeling very positive till i saw she had told you the same things shes said i also had gynae problems which was her first statement and that id move house and id get married and have 2 kids she said i should watch my smear tests too and id a fear of water then like u she asked had i any questions at the end, did she say all this to you i feel now that shes just giving everyone the same lines ...telling me id get married cause she knew i was young and wasnt there yet,she did say to me thou that a guy with dark hair has just left me, which was true so im undecided if i believe in her or not,could you please get back to me and tell me what you think.and also if you have found a better furtune teller like you said you were doing.thanks again
    p.s. jackie in ardfert was an awful waste of money and so unprofessional only talked about her self and kept answering her phone and told me and my 2 friends all the same things we would have a peach house ect all that crap never go see her people shes a con!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Sorry to be blunt now, and I'm not trying to be a smart arse, but, seriously now, anyone going around calling themselves 'Madame ---' is only pulling the p!ss.

Same thing with any readers who are dubbed 'Gypsy --', or who put the words 'Clairvoyant', 'Crystal', 'Psychic' or '7th Generation' in their 'professional' title. Based on my experience, anyone who does the above is only larking about for cash. It's as if they have to dress up their image/persona to compensate for being crap at readings.

What's wrong with just calling yourself Maura Walsh, Dave Gubbins, Rosie or Elaine? Ordinary names, you know.

Just out of curiosity, I had a look at instances in which the title 'Madame' is commonly used or warranted. The Oxford dictionary says this:
    Madam

noun (plural Mesdames)

A title or form of address used of or to a French-speaking woman, corresponding to Mrs: Madame Bovary

Wikipedia says the title is sometimes used to address the wife of a foreign dignitary.

Now, unless Madame Lisa in Limerick is a native French speaker, or the wife of a foreign dignitary, I don't know why she's using that title for fortune telling purposes.

Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pollyrose

irishgal3 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has been to see madame lisa in Limerick..is she any good and how do you go about seeing her??

I know it's an old post but did you ever go to madam Lisa in limerick - if so how did you find her ?

• Advertisement

none01 wrote: »
    hi there, well i went to see madame lisa and was feeling very positive till i saw she had told you the same things shes said i also had gynae problems which was her first statement and that id move house and id get married and have 2 kids she said i should watch my smear tests too and id a fear of water then like u she asked had i any questions at the end, did she say all this to you i feel now that shes just giving everyone the same lines ...telling me id get married cause she knew i was young and wasnt there yet,she did say to me thou that a guy with dark hair has just left me, which was true so im undecided if i believe in her or not,could you please get back to me and tell me what you think.and also if you have found a better furtune teller like you said you were doing.thanks again
    p.s. jackie in ardfert was an awful waste of money and so unprofessional only talked about her self and kept answering her phone and told me and my 2 friends all the same things we would have a peach house ect all that crap never go see her people shes a con!

Hi I know it's an old post , but do you mind telling me did anything madam lisa tell you come true ?! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Pollyrose wrote: »
    I know it's an old post but did you ever go to madam Lisa in limerick - if so how did you find her ?

Keep your money in your pocket. All those so-called mediums are only there to collect cash. Absolutely no substance to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭firiesclose

Don't waste your money. She told me I would never get pregnant naturally or aided. I have a beautiful 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Don't waste your money. She told me I would never get pregnant naturally or aided. I have a beautiful 3 year old.

Your post really bothered me. Let me explain, it is wholly inappropriate that a psychic would tell somebody who desperately wants children that he or she will never conceive. I know some friends who struggled to conceive, and it nearly tore them apart. It is reckless and irresponsible of her to tell somebody "sorry, not going to happen." The whole function of psychics is to imbue some sort of hope into our lives and give us courage to face the difficulties. She could push somebody over the edge with such a reading. I did smile when I saw that you conceived. Congrats!

Yes she told me my mother in law would die within 18 months ! She has been a bit unwell ! Am still thinking about it , even though I don't really believe her ,I wish I hadn't gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

An unnamed psychic told me that my mom would be diagnosed with a terminal diagnosis. Suffice to say I was pretty furious. My mom was being worked-up at the time for a serious diagnosis. I experienced many sleepless nights and it affected me hugely. I was sure that my poor mother was going to be told the worst. In the end, they ourruled any terminal illnesses. I am so angry for all the time wasted with worry and pain. A psychic should never profess bad news like that or health issues in general. I am quite sceptical after that. I go to psychics now and then for a bit of hope for my future. If I feel a bit better about myself or my future, then I rate them well. Life is hard enough, without adding the possibility of potential outcomes. "My life is full of troubles, most of which are in my head." A friend of mine travelled regularly to Galway to see Madam Lisa. She would have had more insight into her future if she picked up a magic eight ball. She was good on the present, but lacked accuracy on the future. Put what she said out of your head! Good medicine will keep your mother-in-law well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't know if this thread is too old to add to but,
    my friend went for a reading with Lisa, she was told she had or would have particular health problems, the reading went downhill from there. she was told that it was her own fault that she never married as she made/makes horrible life choices, that a male friend is mad into her but knows she isn't into him, she doesn't have any male friends, as she lives in a very female environment. She went on to give out to her about things in her life.

Maybe this woman isn't the best choice of reader for ppl who are looking for an upbeat reading or are feeling a bit low.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Bredabe wrote: »
    I don't know if this thread is too old to add to but,
    my friend went for a reading with Lisa, she was told she had or would have particular health problems, the reading went downhill from there. she was told that it was her own fault that she never married as she made/makes horrible life choices, that a male friend is mad into her but knows she isn't into him, she doesn't have any male friends, as she lives in a very female environment. She went on to give out to her about things in her life.

Maybe this woman isn't the best choice of reader for ppl who are looking for an upbeat reading or are feeling a bit low.

People often blind themselves to facts they don't like aswell though. Maybe the girl was been told some hard truths and just didn't like to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

myshirt wrote: »
    People often blind themselves to facts they don't like aswell though. Maybe the girl was been told some hard truths and just didn't like to hear it.

That is indeed true, but I don't think its safe to be so absolutist to someone whose background is unknown. What puzzled me was the comment about a male friend, when it would be such a great stretch. Surely the cards or ability would show how unlikely this is to the reader?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement