Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

MarkHall wrote: »
    Symths in waterford starts teh Titan returns line

Gotta get me a Blurr and Hardhead

€23 for a deluxe!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

No sign in Carrickmines yet.
    Various reports of them spotted at Smyths in the UK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

Smyth's Swords has them. I grabbed Blurr for myself and they had two of Skullsmasher. Only had Sentinel Prime in for the Voyagers, and only one of him. Scourge is blatantly a shellformer in hand, and there's way too much partsforming for my liking on these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Smyths in Limerick has them in stock as well, both voyagers and all 4 Deluxes, although the stock seemed fairly limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Galvatron looks alright? I'm still tempted by that Skywarp too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If you are a skywarp fan get him.
    The starscream of it is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

€23!!
    I'm going to wait a while for these to go down in price a bit but I want SKullsmasher... i want him a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Smyths in Limerick has them in stock as well, both voyagers and all 4 Deluxes, although the stock seemed fairly limited.

ditto for smyths in tallaght , but theyve no blurs.

the head on galvatron looks a bit naff TBH , BUT the rest of him is kick arse IMO so i can see myself getting him.

as an aside theres bugger all combiner wars stuff left in terms of limbs. in tallaght they only had sunstreakers , one mirage and one ironhide.

that said they look alright next to each other in terms of scale. i was comparing a sunstreaker and a hardhead and all i could think of was "we were THIS close to a IDW Headmaster sunstreaker"

:D:D:D:D

on the price point €23 aint that far away from €21.99 that the CW limbs went for. but i agree its pricey and as the latter went to €14.50 i can see a drop for the TR stuff down the line.

gotta say though this line is the first in an age where i really want to pick up most of it. that scourge is really nice and while ill pass on alot of the legends and leader stuff i can see myself gettting all the deluxes.

Headmasters as a concept never really made sense to me. If there had been a headmaster Sunstreaker then I'd have had to get him what with the comics and all, but other than that I'll probably only get Blurr because I hadn't already got Blurr. It'll mostly be Legends for me for this run I think.

If there was a head master sunstreaker. I'd have to army build his ass.
    Cause you know that's how I roll.
    250px-MaximumDinobots1_SunstreakerClones.jpg

I mean you say the Vehicon and Stockade Madness.
    1555515_10152207610368343_2102619712_n.jpg?oh=c861d2fefe88192d5dc28dd3201f0013&oe=57E8BF4E&__gda__=1476304704_8dc224a153c6fef6b5a0c8eb19f7deb2

• Advertisement

picked up a blurr in jervis streets smyths on a whim.

man i wasnt expecting that colour ! almost dark aquamarine. theres some lovely detail on the bot and whilst im not the biggest fan of the character im glad i picked him up as i was hmmning and haaawing about it.

the whole wave seems to have sold out in the various smyths in dublin now. the only lad ive seen left is sentinel prime who seems to be a bit of a shelfwarmer. last deluxe i saw was a scourge in jervis st

had a root around smyths in fonthill today (had to get out of the fecking sun ! :) ) and all theyve got left of the first wave is one sentinel prime.....

....they DO have 2 leader blasters and 2 leader powermaster optimus primes though.

:D:D:D:D

61.99 a piece . so i presume theyre in all the other stores by now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm not against characters that were not Headmasters before being remade as such. Can't call the pricing bargainous, but could live with it if they were what i wanted.

All i really want from G1 characters at this point though is something definitive. Would sooner buy the likes of Cupola or Iron Will and be done with the characters they represent than settle for the Titans Return versions.

on the price issue i reckon its only a matter of time before they go the same way as the leaders in combiner wars.

so if your patient (and theyre still knocking about) ya should be able to get em for 42 or so with the deluxes going for 15.

ive no prob with characters thatve never been headmasters getting the titan treatment either. hell if anything its given us stuff like blur and scourge with a really nice head sculpt.

the main concern i have with em TBH is how they impact the comics as theyve built an entire universe at IDW thats incompatible with whole swathes of it. galvatron in particular is problematic as his whole backstory makes him the last guy to submit to the process.

i trust the creators there but hasbro mandates have buggered up storylines before at em. fingers crossed itll go ok.

and hell i GOTS to see what theyve got instore with trypticon

:D

checked out smyths in tallaght and theyve got em all in.

i picked up a hardhead and a skullcruncher (im not callin him smasher :) )

only one galvatron left though.

I find myself wanting Sentinel Prime after the Titans Return one-shot.

God dammit IDW.

Arquinsiel wrote: »
    I find myself wanting Sentinel Prime after the Titans Return one-shot.

God dammit IDW.

It's what they do Carter.

Titan returns Fort max is up on amazon now as a prime (so free delivery) and fullfilled by amazon option.

its £164.99 which today is €202.

i dunno if we'll see him on the shelves here at all so for those that want him there ya go. im tempted myself but TBH im leaning more and more to picking up the encore reissue instead. i just dont have the Gra for all that electronic's mullarky when i can get more guns and companions instead (cog etc) sides that city mode really annoys me.

linky below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Generations-Titans-Fortress-Maximus/dp/B01EMW4Q9W/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GB34ZST1HH6WDT7WDH3H

by the way there seems to be a deal on devastor too (for a boxset of the lad)

oh here by the way seen this up on youtube for those that DO get the new fort max but arent keen on the citymode.

lad here shows how to lock the legs in more securely for the "fan mode"

i think it works pretty good myself. its got a bit of a medieval castle/fortress going on at the top of the legs. ya can even stand figs in side em. makes me wonder if it was actually designed like this but they went the splits route instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Generalist

Wow, Fortress Maximus (Titan Returns) looks pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

TR Wave 2 Leaders and Voyagers apparently appearing in UK branches of Smyths.

was checking the smyths website and alpha trion and astrotrain are listed so i presume just like with ultra magnus they'll be hitting the shelves here soon.

went into smyths in tallaght and they had ONE leader soundwave. though he was at the back of a rake of blasters.

no sign of alpha trion but theyve a ton of sentinel primes and galvatrons now.

Smyth's has 20% off storewide this weekend and the wave 8 RID warrior figure in. Scorponok is not bad, but Windblade is a bit crap.

saw me first pair of alpha trions in smyths in tallaght today so if he's not on the shelves of the other ones he should be soon.

EDIT.

Smyths in fonthill have a good few astrotrains in . i was gonna pick up an alpha trion there but the fecker is at the top of the shelf (waaaay waaaaay up) and i couldnt be arsed looking for someone to get a ladder to get him down.

prob get him in town during the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

If anyone is still looking for Fortress Maximus it's £135/€157 on Kapow till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

Went in Smyths in Carrickmines for the first time in months, and they seemed to have practically everything: Blasters, Soundwaves, Alpha Trions, Astrotrains, Sentinel Prime, Galvatron, Skullcruncher, Hard Head, Scourge. After CW I'm sticking to Masterpiece-scale though...

I was half-tempted by the SDCC FortMax when he was 120GBP on Kapow though...

im raging i missed that.

forgot all about kapow toys.

theyve still got the HK convention exclusive in stock for €170 inc postage (theyre calling it the ACG fort max) . the only diff between that and the SDCC one is a different box cover.

im sorely tempted to get that. theyre latest tweet on the home page says theyre extending the sale till next friday but the link attached to it isnt working so i dont know if ya can take that as read

aaargh , just when i was decided on the G1 reissue !

Smyths has a voucher offer on, just check the website. More you spend more you save kind of deal.

• Advertisement

bit the bullet and bought the ACG fort max off kapow toys. got him for €177 inc postage.

course now the SDCC ones back in going for €138 (less postage be circa 156 inc) !

just to give a heads up the brits have put a timescale on brexit which IMO will hit the stg exchange rate . so tomorrow should be a good time to get that SDCC one for those of us in the eurozone interested .

so ya might get it cheaper again if youve been holding out.

Advertisement