Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battalion 1944 (Kickstarter)

Options
  • 02-02-2016 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

We NEED a new WW2 game and this one looks the job. It's currently starting kickstarter, hopefully it gets fully funded. Check it out:

"Battalion 1944 recaptures the core of classic multiplayer shooters and propels WW2 into the next generation of gaming. Battalion 1944 utilizes the most advanced industry technology to create a visceral and heart-thumping multiplayer experience that has been crafted by the designers who have grown up playing Medal of Honor and Call of Duty 2.

Visit the Kickstarter and support the development of our spiritual successor to great games like Call of Duty 2, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield 1942."

Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/208387231?token=fbb89c1c
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I really like the look and sound of this. It was only two weeks ago I was talking with my brother about how I would love a WW2 game with today's technology. I hope it succeeds, but I sense one of the big publishers will announce a WW2 game at E3 this year. Perhaps EA will reboot the MOH franchise and go back to its roots, or Gearbox will finally reveal the next Brothers in Arms title. I'll see how my finances are by the end of the month, if they are good I reckon I will give them some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks a bit clunky and graceless so far, but hopefully it comes together. I just backed it, would rather see games like this being made and maybe not hitting the mark, then just continuous saturation of the market with future-shooters.

I would say this will get funded easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nearly £12,000 out of £100,000 so far and it's only up a few hours so it's looking good. I wish there was an option to back XB1 version but get the early access on steam too. Can't get it all I suppose :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very interested.
    Meanwhile still plenty of great WW2 fps games on PC, Red Orchestra and Rising Storm, Day of Defeat,Heroes and Generals, also Day of Infamy Insurgency mod is very good.

Very interested.
    Meanwhile still plenty of great WW2 fps games on PC, Red Orchestra and Rising Storm, Day of Defeat,Heroes and Generals, also Day of Infamy Insurgency mod is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

It looks and sounds mediocre but hopefully it improves.

Battlefield has spoiled me for sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

It looks and sounds mediocre but hopefully it improves.

Battlefield has spoiled me for sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It was only lately I noticed that were there feck all new WW2 FPS on steam, especially single player. Seems weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Really looking forward to this. Went for the $22 pledge

Now 100% funded :D

• Advertisement

Now 200% funded with 3 weeks left to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Even 200k seems very low for a game with such ambition. I'll be following the development with interest, but won't make a decision on whether to buy it until it's released.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

got their email about the 200% funded alright, backed it last week, will be hoping this goes somewhere.

Bulkhead have announced their stretch goals for the final 6 days of funding: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4/posts/1498388

Single player or GTFO

I think single player is stupid at this point, please just focus on the multi-player and get that right! The game clearly needs a massive amount of work, I'd much rather an excellently polished tight WW2 multi-player shooter than a jack-of-all-trades that doesn't do anything particularly well.

No thanks to single player.

Single player is where the cool kids are at again, multiplayer is so played out its just hard to look at

Is anyone else fed up of looking down iron sights? I don't particularly like having a gun obscuring half the screen so I can't see what I'm shooting at

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It looks very much like it's just a coat of paint over the likes of the MOH:AA. I mean maybe that's not a bad thing, but it doesn't appear to bring anything new or fresh to the genre or add any depth. Obviously a bit early so I'll withhold judgement and keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bambi wrote: »
    Single player is where the cool kids are at again, multiplayer is so played out its just hard to look at
    While I'm definitely in the same boat with regards preferring a good single player campaign, there's no way they could do it justice with the money they have.

As a rough indicator, Cliff Bleszinski recently pointed out that 75% of the average games budget goes on the campaign, hence the trend for MP-focused titles when the budgets are so restricted, especially when it comes to larger scale projects that are crowd funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

So it hit 300k today really looking forward to this and the €50 pledge grants a console and PC key!
    There is also a community discord channel where the community manager has been posting I believe, drop me a message if anyone wants an invite

This got it's Steam page today: http://store.steampowered.com/app/489940/

You can also purchase it from Humble Bundle store to help the devs out if you're interested in this game: https://www.humblebundle.com/g/battalion1944

I managed to get a beta key for this. Currently streaming here if anyone's interested: www.twitch.tv/theliber8or

Quick summary: this feels sooooo good!

Falthyron wrote:
    Quick summary: this feels sooooo good!

Was playing it last night. I did terrible! Watching Shroud do not so good made me feel a bit better :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Was playing it last night. I did terrible! Watching Shroud do not so good made me feel a bit better :P

I'm doing quite well, surprisingly! Years of CS paying off, I reckon! :pac:

I just got another beta code if anyone wants it that will actually use it?

I also have a beta code if anyone needs one, let me know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Beta code this way please if anyone has one going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'll also have one if someone has a spare or unwanted one ðŸ˜

Advertisement