Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songwriting Collaboration: Listen

Options
  • 08-08-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I like messing around a bit making melodies and some basic tracks but I'm not great at putting lyrics together and making them fit well within a track and I'm not a great singer either haha. If anyone would like to collaborate at making something they can listen to a few tracks I made here and give it a go putting some lyrics to them:

https://soundcloud.com/sonas93

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm an extremely horrible singer but I can write lyrics very well to music. Have a look at this what I did for example: (please be aware of my horrible singing (I'm looking for a singer), pay attention to the lyrics said and how they go thanks).

https://soundcloud.com/sryan-bruen/shezzbangar-feat-sryan-bruen-lets-start-over

It was originally a song by Shezzbangar on YouTube with the original music here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8j2Jtd3d_4

I loved his track and I thought it would become a great song and so I wrote lyrics to it in May and here's what it became in the soundcloud (again ignore my singing). Here are my lyrics for reference:

Come with me
    You won't regret it
    Let's go to the end
    The end of the portal
    We have taken a turn
    To the end of the tunnel

Now let's start over
    I will hold onto you forever

I know that I've got my faults
    I know it in my soul
    But just look at the love in me
    You know you've got it all
    I know the road is tough ahead
    With many traps and turns
    But just believe my love for you
    It's so hot that it burns, like lava

I've got a head full of dreams of you
    I know what I wanna do
    Gonna come and take you home

Now let's start over
    Now let's start over

In the lonely hours of the night
    When I'm tired and all alone
    I remember after a fight
    You'd pull my wishbone
    I want to star in all your dreams
    Enter your life on moon beams
    See you tomorrow in dawn's light
    Whilst you're with me I'm alright

I've got a head full of dreams of you
    I know what I wanna do
    Gonna come and take you home

Now let's start over
    Now let's start over

Start over
    Start over
    Start over
    Start over

Now let's start over
    Now let's start over

Now let's start over

• Registered Users Posts: 13 magar88

Hi I really like the stuff you have there it's very current.What software did you use to make the tunes?I'd really be interested.I have a few tunes written and I sing.But would be open to having someone else sing them too.
    Here are some songs on Spotify I have written and co-written and I'm the lead singer too so you'll get a good idea of vocals.They were mastered by a guy called James darkin.He's worked on sessions with Kanye West, Will.i.am and Rihanna, for Eminem's ‘Love The Way You Lie’, , as well as mixes for Hozier.Great lad.

Won't let me post a url so search for the band skyfever on Spotify,apple music or google play.

Thanks

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

magar88 wrote: »
    Hi I really like the stuff you have there it's very current.What software did you use to make the tunes?I'd really be interested.I have a few tunes written and I sing.But would be open to having someone else sing them too.
    Here are some songs on Spotify I have written and co-written and I'm the lead singer too so you'll get a good idea of vocals.They were mastered by a guy called James darkin.He's worked on sessions with Kanye West, Will.i.am and Rihanna, for Eminem's ‘Love The Way You Lie’, , as well as mixes for Hozier.Great lad.

Won't let me post a url so search for the band skyfever on Spotify,apple music or google play.

Thanks

Stephen

Hey, I really like your voice and the songs. You can tell they are mastered very well. They would be quite a different style to any the tracks I have here though! I just used fl studio and lots of different virtual instrument plug ins. If you wana give it a shot writing lyrics to any one of those tracks your welcome to!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sephsleft06

sonas93 wrote: »
    I like messing around a bit making melodies and some basic tracks but I'm not great at putting lyrics together and making them fit well within a track and I'm not a great singer either haha. If anyone would like to collaborate at making something they can listen to a few tracks I made here and give it a go putting some lyrics to them:

https://soundcloud.com/sonas93

it' not my fault is really uplifting. I guest it's in a minor key. with the 7/6/3/1 chord progression

Advertisement