Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification of Online Account

Options
  • 12-08-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am just wondering has anyone had experience of this and have any advice.

I opened an Skybet account about a year ago I think. After a few bets it required me to verify the account (Passport or Drivers Licence) and I could no longer bet.

I forgot about it until I got an email from them today.

I went in to verify account, I thought you could tell them your passport number and that would be it. They wanted me to send them a scan of passport via email. I decided that I was not happy with this method as it is not secure and had possibility of online identity theft (I may be paranoid but,...)

They will not refund me the monies to my card without doing it. They told me card was no longer valid and suspended my account before I could check.

The guy on the Chat , was fine but would not budge only way around it was to send in a copy of my passport.

I have escalated it to a manager who is to contact me.

Any advice on my next steps?

PS Right or Wrong I will not be sending them a copy of my passport via email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I am just wondering has anyone had experience of this and have any advice.

I went in to verify account, I thought you could tell them your passport number and that would be it. They wanted me to send them a scan of passport via email. I decided that I was not happy with this method as it is not secure and had possibility of online identity theft (I may be paranoid but,...)

Any advice on my next steps?

PS Right or Wrong I will not be sending them a copy of my passport via email.

Yes you are

It's the same with the vast majority of them, that should be your next step if you want to continue using skybet

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kevincaomhin

Well I got my phone call and they have said they will refund money. So all good.

Just in relation to whether or not I an paranoid. I have no problem with sky bet having my details it is just the method they want me to send it to them (email).

I was always under impression this is very easily hacked.

Paddypower were satisfied with my passport number if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Seriously....As someone who works in the industry this makes me laugh. If you bet online you need to verify. PP might have just needed your number but trust me once you reach a certain limit you will have to provide documents.

This is regulatory requirement.

Advertisement