Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Yay !

have to admit i love these. utter trash , but fun trash.

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yay !

have to admit i love these. utter trash , but fun trash.

:)

Basically this. Would like to see it wrapped up so this is welcome news.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yeah worst movies ever but I love going to see them. Hopefully once it's done, they reboot it with a RE1 adaptation starring Chris ad Jill.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Guns N' Roses!!!!!!

Paradise City!!!!

YUHS!!!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Excellent trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I quite like the film series but they have definitely been going downhill since the third movie. Still really entertaining though and I'm really looking forward to to this as another in the franchise and the end to it all. There's been a fairly big gap between this and the last one as well, so I think I'll have to actually re-watch Afterlife and Retribution again before seeing this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sigh. I live in a world where Dredd never got a sequel, yet Resident Evil contrived to spawn 5 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's nearly the cinematic equivalent of fast food. Still have enjoyed them all, remember being one of three in a cinema watching Retribution. Will inevitably end up going to see this in January.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Sigh. I live in a world where Dredd never got a sequel, yet Resident Evil contrived to spawn 5 of them.

You also have another Underworld film to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah worst movies ever but I love going to see them. Hopefully once it's done, they reboot it with a RE1 adaptation starring Chris ad Jill.

I've hated these movies from the get go, gave up after the 3rd one.

I'm really hoping for a proper reboot, heck they could even make a great TV show out of it :(

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    I've hated these movies from the get go, gave up after the 3rd one.

I'm really hoping for a proper reboot, heck they could even make a great TV show out of it :(

I think The Walking Dead may have cornered the market for zombies on tv, unfortunately. I'd love a Netflix series or something. The first two games could make for great tv or film viewing.

I think The Walking Dead may have cornered the market for zombies on tv, unfortunately. I'd love a Netflix series or something. The first two games could make for great tv or film viewing.

Ah! but resident evil has ZOMBIE DOGS and many mutants and set in a world thats still whole and not far gone. Capable of an intricate story.

I'd love to see netflix pick it up, their production style/creativity would be perfect.

nix wrote: »
    Ah! but resident evil has ZOMBIE DOGS and many mutants and set in a world thats still whole and not far gone. Capable of an intricate story.

I'd love to see netflix pick it up, their production style/creativity would be perfect.

That's a great point!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I went to a press screening of the last one, having not seen once since the first.

It is one of the few films I've seen in recent years that I would happily state has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

You could actually fit the meaningful narrative progression in the film into a five minute short. It's the cinematic equivalent of a crappy side quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pixelburp wrote: »

Some friends insist I need to watch all these that they are great.

Massive gamer as much as the next, but after the first film I thought was ok, then the trainwreck of the second, I havn't watched anymore.

Think I will watch them over the weekend just to stop people hassling me to watch them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I LOVE this series, Alice is one of my favourite action movie leads! Especially loved her team up with Clair in the later movies :-)
    Don't like the poster though, did Alice enter The Hunger Games?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some friends insist I need to watch all these that they are great.

Massive gamer as much as the next, but after the first film I thought was ok, then the trainwreck of the second, I havn't watched anymore.

Think I will watch them over the weekend just to stop people hassling me to watch them :D

They pretty much get worse as they go so don't let anyone set you up for a fall... Loadsa fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I love the second and enjoyed all but the trainwreck that was the last one.
    I'll be seeing this just so I know how it ends, hopefully it will be enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wish the Alice franchise would just die already , and they actually started making Resident Evil movies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I wish the Alice franchise would just die already , and they actually started making Resident Evil movies
    I think it will after this one, I read somewhere it's supposed to be Milla Jovalongnames final one. If that is still accurate it will more than likely be rebooted after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ahhhhh

This explains all the Umbrella Corporation cars been seen around the usa last few days.

That reminds me, I actually started to assemble an Umbrella Corp outfit based on the soldiers in the movie, got about 80% done and just flung it in the wardrobe for the last few years! Maybe time to finish it off now that the movie franchise is about to come to an end...

djI02Jt.jpg

DFrxzJW.jpg

And this is about as far as I got with Jill Valentine....:(

ItrOxA7.jpg

1esCBNv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

it certainly looks to be delivering on what it promised at the end of the last one for once !

:D

cant wait, theyre trash, but great trash. the type of film where im outta popcorn and natchos before its even a third in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Paradise City! Yuh! :D

"Is that all you've got? because if it is, then I'm going to have to kill you"

Christ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Resident Evil recap from Milla before The Final Chapter is released next month.

just back from seeing this and i thought it was good.

not brilliant, but not the trash the reviews are making it out to be. certianly its much better than the last underworld film

it works very well as an end to the series should they wish to leave it at this and it actually serves up some actual character development for alice. theres some nice nods of the heads to the other flims in the series and all in all its a good aul fashioned popcorn muncher.

in fact i have to point out how good looking this film is. the views of washington, racoon city, Manhattan etc are gorgeous depictions of "post apocalypes" cities and the effects for the hordes of zombies and the new creatures really are top notch.

my main complaint is the fuking "shakey cam" tecnique . it got very old VERY Fooking fast and in one or two of the actions sequences i found myself wanting to just look away as it was irritating me so much. there was shades of Transformers 1 going on in here at times where it was very hard to catch what was going on.

also i saw it in Vue and i dont know what the story was with their sound system but ive been at quiter raves. it was bleeding deafening . that might just be a Vue issue though a i tried to go see it yesterday and half the shows were cancelled so maybe this was the best they could do.

still all in all if you liked the others you'll like this one too and it makes a nice jumping off point if ya dont want to have anything to do with the franchise again.

i'd give it just about a 7 outta 10.

ok stuff for a rainy afternoon, or beers on DVD later.

• Advertisement

Man, I thought this was absolutely horrible, utter trash almost totally devoid of any redeeming features whatsoever, other than the fact that it somehow remains watchable for most of the duration.

The storyline is beyond absurd, the characters are almost non existant, the editing - I don't know what the hell they were thinking, but it's nearly impossible to see what's going on in action scenes with the sheer quantity of fast, rapid edits, the film looks horrible.

The more I think about it the angrier I get - the first two are good films and I have a lot of time for them, they started sliding with the third one and went off the rails completely with the fourth and fifth, but against all expectations this one managed to be twice as feeble as the previous outing, which actually looks like Citizen Kane in comparison.

The movie honestly sucks so bad, as much as I wanted to find good in it.

If I had to praise something it would be Ian Glen's performance - frankly he makes the film - some decent apocalyptic visuals and Mila....Mila still has it.

Overall though it's a total stinker and hands down the worst film in the franchise by a long shot. I would very generously award it a 2/10. Instantly forgettable garbage.

Advertisement