Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon yellow that damn abra

Options
  • 05-08-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey didn't entirely know where to put this but I'm in the process of replaying pokemon yellow and am currently standing in cerulean city staring at nugget bridge having vivid flash backs of my friend laughing at me for not knowing how to get a totally 100% legit mew. I know it involves an abra but from my limited and very rusty memory there is no way for me to have an abra at this point...right? So basically how do I maintain mew catching scenario while faffing about looking for an abra. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ive just started playing Yellow again a couple of days ago and have caught the Mew, you need to go up the Nugget bridge, beat all the trainers and grab yourself a nugget. Then beat the trainers to the right except for a guy with the Slowpoke, I think he's the 4th guy. Make your way to Bills house and help him out. Then go back to the city avoiding the guy with the Slowpoke again and there's a house you can go out of the back door after you beat Team Rocket. Go through the house and keep going down till you reach the grass above the daycare, this is where you'll catch Abra, when you get that far let me know lol.

Dont fight this guy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ive just started playing Yellow again a couple of days ago and have caught the Mew, you need to go up the Nugget bridge, beat all the trainers and grab yourself a nugget. Then beat the trainers to the right except for a guy with the Slowpoke, I think he's the 4th guy. Make your way to Bills house and help him out. Then go back to the city avoiding the guy with the Slowpoke again and there's a house you can go out of the back door after you beat Team Rocket. Go through the house and keep going down till you reach the grass above the daycare, this is where you'll catch Abra, when you get that far let me know lol.

You don't even need to do that much. You can catch abra in the little patch of grass to the left of the nugget bridge but be careful not to fight the trainer that's in the grass over there.

This video explains it all.

You don't even need to do that much. You can catch abra in the little patch of grass to the left of the nugget bridge but be careful not to fight the trainer that's in the grass over there.

This video explains it all.

As far as I know Abra can only be caught there on Red and Blue? Don't quote me on it but I'm nearly sure that was why I had to go that far to catch an Abra.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Redzer7 wrote: »
    As far as I know Abra can only be caught there on Red and Blue? Don't quote me on it but I'm nearly sure that was why I had to go that far to catch an Abra.

Ah sorry you're right. Yeah for yellow you'll need to meet bill.

Edit: this is a much better video with a better explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 weakid13

Thank you guys so much for all the help that video was perfect! Got my Abra and within the last ten minutes I got me a Mew! 12 yr old me would be soooo damn impressed and I'm not embarrassed to say still feeling pretty chuffed with myself many a moon later. Sorry for not getting back to this sooner but... you know... comic con...

Advertisement