Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little advice from the pros :)

Options
  • 30-07-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey all ok I got an issue with a g&g firehawk the fps dropped as they all do with a bit of use so I went and pit in a new spring hoping to bring it back again but nope new spring and still only getting about 260fps so I took it apart again checked everything even put in new cylinder head and piston head to insure no air loss but still no better.
    So then I had a g&g m4 that was firing 320 and so put the hole gearbox into the firehawk only to get the same bloody fps and thats impossible to make matters worse I put the FH gearbox into the m4 it's firing 330 in the m4 so iam at a loss and thought I ask here first and see if anyone has any ideas.
    Iam now left thinking do I need a higher spring for the short barrel or is there something else iam missing that you all can point out.
    Well thanks in advance for any help all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Could have an airseal issue on the Firehawk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Is there a locator Spring on your hop unit? If so is it correctly fitted? Have you tried a new hop up rubber? You could try seal up the hop up unit a bit better on the barrel end with ptfe tape.
    Did you replace the piston head o ring? And how thick was the grease you used to lubricate the internals of the gearbox when you had it opened?

Advertisement