Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Evidence of address? NDLS application

• 22-07-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi lads

So I passed my theory test, i've only turned 18 btw, I have a letter addressed to me to prove my address but it doesn't state the date, So I was wondering can I use this along with the page/letter (results of the test) I got with the Theory pass certificate, it states my address and the date, can I use this along with the other letter without a date?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

As of recently, you can use the DTT cert as your proof of address.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pnitro4

cantdecide wrote: »

The official ndls website says that DTT certs are not accepted as evidence of address or PPSN

PPSN, no but anything from an old payslip to a letter from the authorities such as Revenue or Social welfare that contains your name and PPSN will be acceptable regardless of your age. You can take it from me, though; the DTT is acceptable proof of address and you can call the NDLS and confirm this if you want. Their helpline is open this morning. It's a new rule.

Hi lads

Ok, So I got a letter of correspondence from my school, but on it, my name, date and address are hand written but the rest of the letter is printed and stamped by the school, would NDLS accept it? because on their website it says that hand written documents are not accepted

Thanks

PPSN, no but anything from an old payslip to a letter from the authorities such as Revenue or Social welfare that contains your name and PPSN will be acceptable regardless of your age. You can take it from me, though; the DTT is acceptable proof of address and you can call the NDLS and confirm this if you want. Their helpline is open this morning. It's a new rule.

I see, Thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Hi lads

Ok, So I got a letter of correspondence from my school, but on it, my name, date and address are hand written but the rest of the letter is printed and stamped by the school, would NDLS accept it? because on their website it says that hand written documents are not accepted

Thanks

The only handwritten docs NDLS accept are proof of PPSN on Dept Social Protection headed paper.

Handwritten proof of address from whatever source will not be accepted.

On a more positive note - Your Theory Cert will be acceptable as proof of address provided it is no more than 1 year old. So check that the address is spelled correctly. This is only a recent change introduced to facilitate young people who had problems getting such proofs.:)

Vologda69 wrote: »
    The only handwritten docs NDLS accept are proof of PPSN on Dept Social Protection headed paper.

Handwritten proof of address from whatever source will not be accepted.

On a more positive note - Your Theory Cert will be acceptable as proof of address provided it is no more than 1 year old. So check that the address is spelled correctly. This is only a recent change introduced to facilitate young people who had problems getting such proofs.:)

Thank you for your reply but are you sure that the Theory cert is acceptable? Another person told me it is allowed but I have not heard this anywhere else so I have my doubts, it even states it on the NDLS website that they are not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply but are you sure that the Theory cert is acceptable? Another person told me it is allowed but I have not heard this anywhere else so I have my doubts, it even states it on the NDLS website that they are not acceptable

100% sure. This is a recent change. NDLS will confirm this over the phone. You can contact them @ tel. 0761087880

Vologda69 wrote: »
    100% sure. This is a recent change. NDLS will confirm this over the phone. You can contact them @ tel. 0761087880

Ok understood, Thanks alot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eertu5ry43err

Can i use my theory test certificit as proof of my address to get my provisonal licence?

• Advertisement

Can i use my theory test certificit as proof of my address to get my provisonal licence?

Provided it's within 6 months, of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement