Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And a year ago yesterday, Spider-Man: Homecoming swings into cinemas, taken by Tom Holland..

13599966_1415636788452889_7096344108248903362_n.jpg?oh=3792b978ea18edc24cf7944428c20080&oe=5832471E

I just hope the suit in the film won't be CG'd..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

The Baron looks to be an ally for now without even a hint of why he'd turn. Colour me intrigued.

Anyone else spot Avengers Tower in the 2nd Doctor Strange trailer?

Also confirmed cast for Spider-Man: Homecoming so far.. I've left Tom Holland without spoiler tags cause we already know his role :pac: But the rest have been spoiler tagged, look at your own peril obviously.

Tom Holland (Peter Parker/Spider-Man)

Laura Harrier
    (Liz Allen)
    Tony Revelori
    (Eugene "Flash" Thompson)
    Jacob Batalon
    (Ned Leeds)
    Zendaya
    (Michelle Gonzales)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I have a rule of not watching trailers for movies that I know I'm definitely going to see, if I feel in any way positive about the movie. In recent years, this has extended to pretty much avoiding as much information about certain movies as possible. For example, I went into Civil War completely unaware that we'd be seeing Black Widow, Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch (Spider-Man, Vision and Black Panther were spoiled for me). So... Not looking at those spoilers above is killing me! But I'm gonna avoid anyway...!

• Advertisement

First kinda details about the Black Panther film revealed by Lupita Nyong’o in an interview with Marvel.com
    The story of this Black Panther is- what am I allowed to say? – The story is that the Black Panther’s leadership is really threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy

Peek behind the spoiler tag at your own peril

Micheal Keaton confirmed to be playing
    The Vulture
    in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING.

Can't help but feel it's a waste of Keaton.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Can't help but feel it's a waste of Keaton.

Well I think it's a great idea that he's portraying the spoiler tagged villain, as opposed to ya know seeing The Green Goblin or Doc Ock or Venom again, though I'd bet we'll see the aforementioned villains later down the line..

Trolling or real from Thor director Taika Waititi
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIcVJMMhLpg/

Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 & Part 2 are being renamed.

Avengers: Infinity War will be the new title of the first one and it won't be split in two.

No name on what the second one will be called as of yet.. Untitled Avengers placeholder is being used.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/avengers-3-just-got-a-title-update

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well I think it's a great idea that he's portraying the spoiler tagged villain, as opposed to ya know seeing The Green Goblin or Doc Ock or Venom again, though I'd bet we'll see the aforementioned villains later down the line..

GG is inevitably going to have an ominous presence over this reboot. Not having him in it would be like dropping the joker from a Batman reboot.

And to me, Keaton could have been an ace Norman Osborne. Unless they're retconning who he is playing into a major lynchpin as part of the sinister six, it's a waste of him.

GG is inevitably going to have an ominous presence over this reboot. Not having him in it would be like dropping the joker from a Batman reboot.

And to me, Keaton could have been an ace Norman Osborne. Unless they're retconning who he is playing into a major lynchpin as part of the sinister six, it's a waste of him.

When it eventually comes to the sequel to Homecoming, I hope Sony/Marvel stay away from the villains I previously mentioned, been there, done that, got the t-shirt so to speak, Spider-Man, Spidey has such a collection of villains who've yet to make their live action debut... But should Sony/Marvel choose to go the Norman/Green Goblin route again, get Matthew McConaughey, assuming he won't be snapped up by Warner/DC..

Same would apply to a Batman film, do we really need to see him square off against The Joker again? Not that i'm complaining..

TL;DR Both heroes have a great collection of villains they could square off against

• Advertisement

Given the way the DCEU is going I don't think there's any risk of MMcG ending there. :D I do believe however that there were reports of MMcG already declining a role within the MCU.

I do believe that such franchises require an overarching villain and Norman Osborne hasn't been done justice yet, so I'd like to see him being an ominous figure in Peter's life over multiple films. All the other villains done already can be given a wide berth.

Same applies to the Joker in the DCEU who hasn't gotten the opportunity yet to be that ever present threat over multiple films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Given the way the DCEU is going I don't think there's any risk of MMcG ending there. :D I do believe however that there were reports of MMcG already declining a role within the MCU.

I do believe that such franchises require an overarching villain and Norman Osborne hasn't been done justice yet, so I'd like to see him being an ominous figure in Peter's life over multiple films. All the other villains done already can be given a wide berth.

Same applies to the Joker in the DCEU who hasn't gotten the opportunity yet to be that ever present threat over multiple films.

Agreed about Osbourne/Green Goblin but slightly disagree about Joker. I feel like Joker should almost be a constant secondary villain that almost seems like an annoyance for a few films until suddenly he becomes the main threat. Which I guess is probably just me elaborating on what you're saying...

CpMvXd5UsAAH8ho.jpg:large

Bokeem Woodbine has been cast in Homecoming as
    Herman Schultz/The Shocker

and while I'm at it,
    Sebastian Stan's Bucky
    has been confirmed for Infinity War.

The Russo Brothers heading back to Atlanta..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJGkqLdAFxz/?taken-by=therussobrothers

Zendaya's role in Spiderman Homecoming has been allegedly leaked.
    She's MJ.

Angourie Rice, who had a big breakthrough in The Nice Guys, is reportedly playing
    Betty Brandt.

A picture tweeted from the set of Thor Ragnarok the address on the card.
    177A Bleecker Street.( Sanctum Sanctorum )

Thor-Incognito-615x409.jpg

https://twitter.com/Daley_Pearson/status/767623841413607424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just watched this video which is a pretty decent recap/look ahead at Marvels directors

Regardless on agreeing or disagreeing with the opinions, ya don't find many recap videos like these around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I would genuinely watch a full length Thor mockumentary

Advertisement