Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excellent colour printer?

Options
  • 22-07-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm looking for a 3 in 1 printer where I can make very good quality colour copies of hand drawn illustrations. They will be photocopied onto A4 glossy photo paper. A stand alone printer would be great. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TwoLeftFeet

Depending on your budget, and the requirements you state in your post, it sounds like high quality is paramount. I would suggest a laser printer. I don't have a particular make or model in mind but prices have come down quite a bit in the past few years. I would look more at the price of replacing the toners and take that into account when deciding on budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cait jim

Thanks for that. To be honest I have been using an old brother inkjet (dcp 560n) which has 1200x2000 dpi and I've found it to a good enough standard. It's a bit heavy on ink however, and just wondered if there was a different brand/model that prints v high quality graphics and might be more economical

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TwoLeftFeet

The cost of ink cartridges/toners is the real kicker when it comes to deciding when buying a printer. Also, looking for high quality printouts comes with a price tag to match. Then you have to factor in, do you want to stay with A4 or go up to A3 printouts? If you are, then you are looking at 250 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cait jim

I think I'm safe enough with A4 for the moment. Looking at epson expression XP760. Pity there's nowhere you can try these printers out before you buy! Thanks for your input

Advertisement