Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Ok I answered my own question..ah deffo going to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Yeah first album is bloody fantastic. One of the most boring live bands I ever saw back in the day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Yeah first album is bloody fantastic. One of the most boring live bands I ever saw back in the day though.

I never saw them live but yes,the first album is brilliant. Still listen to it once in a while.

Only two albums..
    Star (1993)
    King (1995)

King apparently didn't go too well,being more rocky than dreamy like Star.
    They reunited in 2010 amazing they haven't a single or something in the past 6 years.

Edit: Oh they only reunited in 2016!

On February 8, 2016, the band updated its official web site announcing its return with new music and announced a summer tour across United States and United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody looking for a few more 'dreamy' sounding belly songs should check out 'Sweet Ride-The best of belly'. A beautiful cover of Gram Parson's Hot Burrito #1 as well as b-sides and rarities including the brilliant 'Spaceman', 'Dream on Me' and 'Sweet Ride' make this a must listen for casual belly fans. There's also a french version of Judas My Heart from Kind which is lovely.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that post,addicted (aptly enuff ) to sweet ride.Will definitely be checking out more of them during the week.

Looks like they are in scintillating form on the Uk tour, 2hour sets!

https://twitter.com/bellytheband

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

Lucky enough to see them live at Sunstroke and then at Slane. Why they were on so early at Slane I have no idea. Both times they rocked.

Awesome bit of nostalgia bringing me back to my teens. Tanya's has her hand in throwing muses and the breeders also.

Albums can be listened to at http://bellyofficial.com

Hoping for a good crowd tomorrow night!

Setlist from yesterdays gig in London

Puberty
    Slow Dog
    White Belly
    Seal My Fate
    New song Punish
    The Bees
    Red
    Gepetto
    Judas My Heart
    Full Moon, Empty Heart

Encore:
    Untogether
    Dusted
    Feed the Tree
    Human child New Track
    Spaceman
    Low Red Moon
    Now They'll Sleep
    Super-Connected
    Thief

Encore 2:
    Stay

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

That's a great set list right there... I'm honestly worried I'm gonna be one of 20 people at the gig tomorrow night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Full Moon, Empty Heart

I'd probably go see them again just for this if I'm honest

• Advertisement

The Duk wrote: »
    That's a great set list right there... I'm honestly worried I'm gonna be one of 20 people at the gig tomorrow night lol

Say it will be busy enough,given no support and potentially 2 hours set 8.30 seems a reasonable time for them to start.
    Enjoy the gig everyone,must say I am looking forward to it and hope sweet ride gets a play.

Advertisement