Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Perfect Phone if I could Design it myself

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭

13669724_10209465314283616_3559773581907125616_n.jpg?oh=38febc43223e6057a7385f5bec750a76&oe=582C094F

It would have a 5.5" Screen running android 5.1 or Marshmellow - 1.5mhz Octa-Core (not MTK, maybe Snapdragon) , 32gb Internal Storage, SD card to 128gb, 3GB or 4GB RAM, good legible screen in sunlight, but low power, ambient light sensor, compass, barometer. The Notification on front of phone would be fully customisable RGB LED that can also be disabled (can never understand why phone manufacturers if they put on LED only have one or 2 colour LED or no LED at all) - 4,000mah Battery, the soft-buttons at bottom of phone shall light up white, and the middle home button shall have built in fingerprint reader, it shall have an illuminated ring around the capacitive (or physical) Home button that glows red when the micro-usb lead is plugged in to charge the phone and glow green when phone is 90% charged. Again can be disabled in menu settings.

The phone shall have 2 Stereo speakers on the front (and a larger speaker at rear, maybe even ported to bottom of phone to give sound a bit of depth)

The phone shall have 2 camera's the front being 5megapixel with LED Flash next to it, the rear a high quality 13mp or 20mp with stabilization and Dual LED Flash and a feature of 'flash focus assist' shall be included even if flash is set to off.

The rear shall have a plastic (I am not a fan of the feel of metal backed phones) which is removable, it shall be ingrained with a pattern to help aid non-slip when holding, if phone is dropped and back of the phone cracks, or if consumer wishes different colour back, will be easy to get replacement back for it.

The phone shall be rooted (by manufacturer before it leaves factory) and manufacturer to offer (easily installable by consumer) a flavour of different ROMS such as Flyme etc to customise look of operating system as well as untouched Android stock OS.

If I think of anything else I shall add it to the post :)

Am wanting the phone to be in price range of €150-€250 , is that asking too much? :D - I think if I could find a phone like this with *every* feature I have listed I think that would be the end of my search for the perfect mobile phone for myself.

EDIT: Fast Charging and facility to purchase optional wireless charging base

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some people have wa.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ED E wrote: »
    Some people have wa.....

Yep thats me this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

13669724_10209465314283616_3559773581907125616_n.jpg?oh=38febc43223e6057a7385f5bec750a76&oe=582C094F

It would have a 5.5" Screen running android 5.1 or Marshmellow - 1.5mhz Octa-Core (not MTK, maybe Snapdragon) , 32gb Internal Storage, SD card to 128gb, 3GB or 4GB RAM, good legible screen in sunlight, but low power, ambient light sensor, compass, barometer. The Notification on front of phone would be fully customisable RGB LED that can also be disabled (can never understand why phone manufacturers if they put on LED only have one or 2 colour LED or no LED at all) - 4,000mah Battery, the soft-buttons at bottom of phone shall light up white, and the middle home button shall have built in fingerprint reader, it shall have an illuminated ring around the capacitive (or physical) Home button that glows red when the micro-usb lead is plugged in to charge the phone and glow green when phone is 90% charged. Again can be disabled in menu settings.

The phone shall have 2 Stereo speakers on the front (and a larger speaker at rear, maybe even ported to bottom of phone to give sound a bit of depth)

The phone shall have 2 camera's the front being 5megapixel with LED Flash next to it, the rear a high quality 13mp or 20mp with stabilization and Dual LED Flash and a feature of 'flash focus assist' shall be included even if flash is set to off.

The rear shall have a plastic (I am not a fan of the feel of metal backed phones) which is removable, it shall be ingrained with a pattern to help aid non-slip when holding, if phone is dropped and back of the phone cracks, or if consumer wishes different colour back, will be easy to get replacement back for it.

The phone shall be rooted (by manufacturer before it leaves factory) and manufacturer to offer (easily installable by consumer) a flavour of different ROMS such as Flyme etc to customise look of operating system as well as untouched Android stock OS.

If I think of anything else I shall add it to the post :)

Am wanting the phone to be in price range of €150-€250 , is that asking too much? :D - I think if I could find a phone like this with *every* feature I have listed I think that would be the end of my search for the perfect mobile phone for myself.

Let me be the first one on the pre-order list.

Wonder if we will ever get to a stage where everyone will be able to spec their phone in such detail and have it made to order at the 200-250 price range.....

Ehhhh dream on dreamers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Nice, got a front flash too - i dont personally like the rear camera position where it is, much prefer lens in middle/top of the back. When I had mobile with rear lens in top left I was nearly always covering it with my fingeras I took a photo, I dont tend to do this when the lens is placed in the top/middle.

Had a couple of Alcatel's in the past (admittedly budget) and i hated them, the build, the quality, the camera quality the speed - maybe their flagships are a lot better

even the S6 / S7 wouldnt even fulfil all my needs/wants , and what are they around 600eur at the moment are they?

could be do-able for €150-€250 if I settled for a MTK chip , 16gb, 2GB Ram 'China phone' I reckon -

Advertisement