Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Application

Options
  • 28-06-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I applied for a few masters courses via Pac soon after exam results came out. I got offered three different courses, accepted the one I wanted and then paid the €200 course deposit.

My question is what happens now?

Do I need to wait for Pac to update and say the fee has been paid before anything else will happen? (I've been told it sometimes takes up to two days to acknowledge the fee has been paid.)

Do I wait on the university to send me out some sort of notification that I've been accepted? If so, how long does that take or do I need to email the fees office and let them know the deposit has been paid?

I've looked around the Maynooth website, but it mostly just tells you how to apply and not what to do after you have accepted a course. If anyone has used Pac before and has information, please let me know. Or if anyone knows where the information on it is, please direct me to it. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Redhotrock

Hi Catcake,

I was in a similar situation about two weeks ago whereby PAC had acknowledged payment of my deposit but I was still only on a conditional offer.

I sent my academic transcripts from my undergrad to the PAC offices in Galway as requested and waited for nearly a month but I still heard nothing. So, I then called Maynooth graduate offices to ask what was the status of the application. They put me through to the admissions office for the relevant department, I explained the situation and a day later my PAC account was updated to full acceptance.

I'm currently at this point and will be emailed by Maynooth in August regarding registration, as far as I'm aware.

I hope this info helps a little. Out of interest, what are you studying?

Advertisement