Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean City Law

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

gctest50 wrote: »
    We need this here, tidy up the place

We already have lots of guidelines governing signage etc, the problem is they're never enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

sabat wrote: »
    We already have lots of guidelines governing signage etc, the problem is they're never enforced.

São Paulo managed to get it done

http://99percentinvisible.org/article/clean-city-law-secrets-sao-paulo-uncovered-outdoor-advertising-ban/

The law went into effect on January 1st, 2007, and businesses were given 90 days to comply or pay the price.

When São Paulo introduced its Clean City Law (Lei Cidade Limpa) a decade ago, over 15,000 marketing billboards were taken down.
    An additional 300,000 ostentatious business signs, hanging over streets or painted in large letters on facades, were also subject to a hefty fine if they were not removed promptly.
    Bus, taxi, and poster advertisements had to go as well.
    Even handing out pamphlets on the street was prohibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Trocadero looks a bit better

DS76gNa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

gctest50 wrote: »
    We need this here, tidy up the place

Who'll fund Dublin bikes then?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭crc

Who'll fund Dublin bikes then?

I watched one of the recent Dublin City Council Transport Committee meetings and they were talking about possibility of seeking funding through the HSE, to move away from the need to rely on JC Deceaux.

I think it was this meeting, in May (if not, it was the June meeting):
    https://dublincity.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/226785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dunno about everyone else but for me the bigger eyesore in the OP's example is the cables. At least we have them underground here.

Advertisement