Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cute Hoor Red Ale

• 15-07-2016 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get this in a bottle? I see supervalu are selling the pale ale now but not the red ale. Had a Google but no hits..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

no, but there are plenty of other Irish Red Ales, most definitely of a higher quality than the Cute Hoor.

My own personal favourite is Brehon's Killanny Red, which can be gotten in Super Valu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,127 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought I read somewhere it's not available for 'off' sales... it's from Heineken and only available in bars?
    I had it on the Cill Airne - the pub\boat on the Liffey and liked it and had a look about for it in Supervalu, Martins, OBriens but drew a blank.
    So if the pale ale is now in shops that would contradict that theory :)

I think it's closer to a Kilkenny than most of the other Irish reds out there.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Supervalu kooks to-be stocking it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

oblivious wrote:
    Supervalu kooks to-be stocking it

I was in supervalu yesterday and they only had the pale ale. No red ale

no, but there are plenty of other Irish Red Ales, most definitely of a higher quality than the Cute Hoor.

My own personal favourite is Brehon's Killanny Red, which can be gotten in Super Valu.

I tried the cute hoor red and found it nice. Best red ale I've tasted is the porterhouse red on draft. Can't find anything that comes close to it.

I'll try that Brehon's one and see what it's like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I tried the cute hoor red and found it nice.

But the part of its problem, it's supposed to be a pale ale

oblivious wrote:
    But the part of its problem, it's supposed to be a pale ale

Why call it a red ale then?

Advertisement