Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Beekeepers in Dublin area

Options
  • 12-07-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've completed the beginners course with the County Dublin Beekeepers' Association and am set to sit my parliamentary exam in Gormanston at the end of this month. I've been helping out at a hive in my home county of Kildare but it's not exactly convenient for me as I live and work in the city.

I'm basically looking for a Dublin based beekeeper who will allow me to accompany them for inspections just so I can observe, learn, and to help as much or as little as they are comfortable with. I have my beesuit etc. and cycle/drive so I can reach most areas around the city and in county Dublin fairly easily. If anyone is willing to help me out, or knows someone that can, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Where about are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Effects wrote: »
    Where about are you based?

I am in Harold's Cross but can travel in the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Have you tried asking on the Irish Beekeepers facebook page? Not that many people on this forum unfortunately.
    There's a County Dublin Beekeepers page as well I think? I'm a member of that association myself.
    I'm based in Clontarf but have an erratic schedule and I'm already showing a few people the ropes!

Advertisement