Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Go resources - Gym, Pokémon & pokéstop locations

• 11-07-2016 7:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Use this thread to post up useful info for other Pokemon go trainers. Pokémon locations, gym locations and pokéstop locations. Please do not use specific addresses of private residences, only public locations. Also be aware of posting your location and try to use general areas where possible.

Use the other thread for all other Pokémon go discussion.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Right few questions (I only started last night so I'm a noob):

How can you level your pokemon up?
    Where's the best place to catch pokemon?
    Is there a map of gyms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Even more basic.....where to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I caught a jynx on the Finglas Road glasnevin cemetery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Useful for gym battles

screen-shot-2013-10-18-at-2-38-04-pm.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

GYMS:

Portlaoise: Laois Shopping Centre and The Library across the road.

Kilbeggan: The school is a gym and Kilbeggan Distillery is too (My pokemon is in the distillery at the moment :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭selastich2

You can get limited use incubators out of pokestops. 5 uses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I got a Slowpoke on Grand Canal St, a Jynx in Merrion Park, a Voltorb by Strand St, a Ghastly on Percy Place, and a very uncooperative Fearow on Parnell St!

I also got a Psyduck. I don't think it's rare but I love him.

There's a Gym right inside Croke Park. I can't get at it, someone must have captured it at the match on Sunday.

Jinx and shellder outside cork city library
    Psyduck at the bottom of shandon st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Got an Evee and a Vulpix in Drumcondra near the Dart station. There's an Onix around too but can't seem to find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I want a Vulpix! And a Ninetails. And Growlithe. Any of the adorable badass little quadrupeds. Would love to take a day off work and just pokemon all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just spent a couple of hours walking around the botanics and glasnevin cemetery. There's a load of pokestops and a few gyms. Also got a few Pokémon, Hypno and an Eevee being the highlights.

Edit - Forgot to say that you can stop for a pint in the gravediggers and there's 2 pokestops that refresh every few minutes..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Added a Cloyster on the quays to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Playing in a big enough town in Monaghan and there doesn't appear to be any Pokéstops or Gyms. Closest one according to Ingress is not reachable on foot as it is on a main bypass. Next closest is 11km away. Guess I won't be playing for much longer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Playing in a big enough town in Monaghan and there doesn't appear to be any Pokéstops or Gyms. Closest one according to Ingress is not reachable on foot as it is on a main bypass. Next closest is 11km away. Guess I won't be playing for much longer :(

I'm not sure but more may be added, in my area there was absolutely none and since the update a gym and three Pokestops were added that definitely weren't there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

frantic190 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but more may be added, in my area there was absolutely none and since the update a gym and three Pokestops were added that definitely weren't there before.

How does one go about getting the update?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Guys, you can submit requests to add Pokestops and Gyms in locations here

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pokeplug

I've put up a locations map for pokemon sightings. Please add your location and a picture of the pokemon too (theres a google image search with the post option). Try make it as accurate as possible ie zoom in on the location.
    New user so can't post url so put the obvious in front of this.

maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1yoOqsoSGS02fIV-na9ua8zYgDhA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

That link doesn't work, I've created a new open map so we can share pokestops/gyms and sightings of rare pokemon here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=18eq-wo5MHcoq7VdDs4tGZWf2BLA&usp=sharing

• Advertisement

Please guys use the map I provided. Link works fine. As said it requires the google address in front of it. not the ie one but the dot com one

"I've put up a locations map for pokemon sightings. Please add your location and a picture of the pokemon too (theres a google image search with the post option). Try make it as accurate as possible ie zoom in on the location.
    New user so can't post url so put google address at the start of this url.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1yoOqsoSGS02fIV-na9ua8zYgDhA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

In Letterkenny there are gyms at the Firestation,AIB bank and courthouse. Pokestops at the market square (2), Cathedral and the COI church across from it which they are calling a presbo church doh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pokeplug, please don't post the same thing more than once. I've edited your last post to include the link to your map.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I keep reading that Eevie's are hard to find, people always looking for them. I caught three out the Headford Road in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got an eevie as my fourth Pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

Anyone else having problems login on?

Nope. working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Alakazam beside centra in glenageary, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Yes, authentication error on mine . My OH has no problem logging in but his game freezes nearly every time he throws a Pokeball and he has to force close and lose the Pokemon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

St Endas aka Pearse Park in Rathfarnham has 10 pokestops and 3 gyms all within a circuit just over 1km. Great place to do a bit of farming.

Advertisement