Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit happened, is it safe to order parts from the Uk right now?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

As the title says, is it safe to get parts from the likes of overclockers and amazon without getting charged import fees

It didn't "happen" :rolleyes:

The UK is still part of the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyniacalunatic

So it's alright to get parts from there right? (I'm just really anxious)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

So it's alright to get parts from there right? (I'm just really anxious)

Nothing has changed so yes it's fine.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The UK will continue to be part of the EU for at least the next two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cyniacalunatic

alright thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Zaph wrote: »
    The UK will continue to be part of the EU for at least the next two years.

Well i think they have up to two years to leave once the negotiations start,they could finish before that. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

Regarding ordering parts,sterling is still falling at the moment. Hard to know where it will bottom right now. UK retailers seem to upping the prices a bit at the moment too,looks like its to compensate for the weak sterling from what i can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Nothing comes from the UK so while Sterling is dropping and retailers are increasing prices there the net effect for us in a Eurozone country net a lot less.

Its $$ >> £ >> € or € to ££ back to €

If you're worried OP, order from Germany, although absolutely nothing has changed in the UK and probably wont.

Advertisement