Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winner Alright Major Meeting Tips

Options
  • 13-06-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Royal Ascot Day 1

Kings Stand Stakes

While Mecca’s Angel and Profitable have seen plenty of support over the weekend due to the rain, both prices seem skinny enough and I am inclined to look further down the market. Jungle Cat has been rested since a close second to Profitable in the Palace House Stakes and his price at 20/1 seems decent value.

1pt EW Jungle Cat 22/1 BOG (BetVictor/Coral)

St. James Palace Stakes

The Gurkha may prove himself to be the top 3yo miler this summer but I think his current price is too short considering the strength of the field behind him. Despite winning easily on soft ground at Navan earlier this year, I still think he’ll prove his best on a proper good to firm surface.

Awtaad would have been the bet but has come under increased support over the past few days and moved into a price which in my mind is too short.

That brings me on to Galileo Gold, the 2000 Guineas winner before being dethroned in the Irish equivalent by Awtaad. Nonetheless, I am a big fan of Hugo Palmer who his having what I hope is a great season of many to come and I am willing to take a chance on his horse again.

2pt EW Galileo Gold 6/1 BOG (BetVictor, Paddy Power, Boyles)

Windsor Castle Stakes

In the closing race of Tuesday I am again siding with Hugo Palmer and taking a chance on Copper Knight to bounce back after his disappointment at Sandown. He was unlucky not to win his first two races before getting ahead impressively at Chester and I think once his unorthodox style in the closing stages are sorted, Copper Knight will progress along nicely

1pt Win Copper Knight 25/1 BOG (Bet365, BetVictor)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 WinnerAlright

After a positive start on Day 1 we move on to the second day of the meeting and have there is a number of horses that take my fancy.

Royal Hunt Cup

A tough renewal but I am sure Convey has a big win in him and am backing him to duly oblige. I also fancy Hasanour to go close after a recent return to form at Naas.

1pt Win Convey @9/1 BOG (BV, Coral, Boyles)

1/2pt EW Hasanour @20/1 BOG (5 places with Boyles and BV)

Sandringham

If Hasanour performs well in the previous race then I see Anamba going off much shorter than the prices available. Think he’ll relish the good to soft ground and looks like there’s still room for improvement.

1pt Win Anamba @10/1 BOG (Gen. Available)

ROYAL ASCOT DAY 3

Tercentary Stakes

Abdon has gone far too low in the betting and I think he will have to perform much better than previously in order to turn the tables on Hawkbill. At 5/1 the value lies with him.

2pt Win Hawkbill 5/1 BOG (Betfair SB)

Gold Cup

Order of St. George may prove a class above these but at the prices he is of no interest to me. Pallasator looks a worry but with the form of Frankie Dettori and John Gosden lately a chance is taken on Flying Officer. He may just be short of top class but he'll go on the ground and the marathon distance shouldn't prove a worry.

1pt EW Flying Officer @10/1 BOG (Skybet 5 places 1/5 odds)

Hawkbill makes it two profitable days from 3 so far at Royal Ascot.

Flying Officer had every chance turning in and was unlucky to tire just out of the places.

A few horses tomorrow take my fancy.

Albany Stakes

While I am usually inclined to stay away from 2yo races, the price of Queen Kindly seems to good to be true.

2pt Win Queen Kindly @7/1 BOG (General)

Coronation Stakes

Aidan O’Brien’s fillies look top draw this year and with a solid day yesterday I expect him to round off the meeting with another few winners. Alice Springs ran well in the Guineas and put up another decent performance in France. Alice Springs, Qemah and Nathra all seem to possess similar ability so at the prices its Alice Springs.

1pt Win Alice Springs @14/1 BOG (PP)

Queen’s Vase

Dermot Weld doesn’t send horses to Ascot for the fun of it and I can see Ebediyn going off much shorter than what’s currently available.

1pt Win Ebediyn @5/1 BOG (William Hill)

All three runners ran good races today and we were unlucky to come out with no returns. Would have to think that Alice Springs had the beating of the eventual winner with an easier path.

I think Queen Kindly will learn a lot from the Albany and it may prove wise to keep onside next time out.

However, on to tomorrow where I have 4 bets. Fingers crossed for a decent return.

Chesham Stakes

I seem to be diregarding my usual tendencies by once again having abet in a 2yo race. Money has come for Cunco and the value is long gone. Frankuus impressed me last time out and I can see this race being a Frankel 1-2.

1pt Win Frankuus @9/1 BOG (BV,PP)

Wolferton Handicap

Aidan O'Brien's horse are flying and he's been extremely unlucky not to have more winners. Sir Isaac Newton was spoken as a possible Derby hope last year and running off 102 he must be in with chance. He ran well last year at the meeting and should go close again.

1pt EW Sir Isaac Newton @14/1 BOG (Bet365 4 places)

Hardwicke Stakes

Beautiful Romance won well at York last time out with some decent horses in behind. That form looks strong and with Godolphin having a great Royal Ascot this filly looks value.

2pt Win Beautiful Romance @9/1 BOG (PP, Betfair SB, WilliamHill)

Diamond Jubilee

There's a number of top class horses on show here but I was taken by the manner Magical Memory looked a proper Group 1 horse when winning at York and should go off shorter than the current price available.

2pt Win Magical Memory @4/1 BOG (Skybet)

A great final day to finish off a great weekend.

I backed Sir Isaac Newton early on last year for the Derby so I was happy to get some return from the horse today.

Frankuus ran well after seeming to be slightly outplaced and should come on well. However, the winner looked top drawer and it’ll be interesting to see where he goes next. Winning over 7f this early, a possible Derby horse next year? Only time will tell.

Beautiful Romance was extremely disappointing and I wonder if something wasn’t right as the run seemed to bad to be true.

I have a feeling if the Diamond Jubilee was run we would have a different winner. All horses look to possess similar ability. Hopefully the result can help turn around Henry Candy’s form as he’s having one of his worst years so far this season.

With the worry about the ground coming into this week I think its fair to say the meeting didn’t disappoint. Roll on next weekend for a next series of bets.

Will up date later with exact P/L for the meeting but expect it to be around 30 points or so.

Beginners luck perhaps?

• Advertisement

3.30 Paddy Power Handicap

Hasanour ran well at Royal Ascot and I am willing to give him another chance today on what may possibly prove more suitable ground.

1pt Win Hasanour 9/2

Irish Derby

Shogun was well beaten at Epsom and while I think Harzand should win well today at the prices he's simply too short. I can't see Shogun being too far behind in the final furlong and with luck on our side he'll chase Harzand home.

1pt Win Shogun w/o Harzand 25/1 (Corals)

Back again after a slight break with a number of bets over the next three days.

Princess of Wales

While he may not win, Big Orange is running on favoured ground after a nice lay off.I can’t have Exosphere and think The Grey Gatsby‘s best days are behind him.

1pt Win Big Orange 11/1 BOG (Bet365)

Didn’t fancy anything for Friday’s racing so decided to give it a miss. On to Saturday where hopefully we find more winners.

Darley July Cup

An interesting renewal that sees a number of horses running over inadequate distances. Profitable looks to be on a different level over 5f but with this renewal looking as strong as ever, I can’t have him over the extended distance. The same can be said for Cotai Glory. While I wouldn’t put anyone off Air Force Blue, it’s just too risky to chance him returning to his best. Limato is back over preferred trip and ground and has to be considered. However, Quiet Reflection has done nothing wrong all year and I can’t help but think with a bigger name trainer beside him he’d be half the price.

3pt Win Quiet Reflection 10/1 BOG (Betfair SB)

Sussex Stakes

Can't see Awtaad running out of the top 3. If luck is on our side he may knick the win.

1 PT EW Awtaad @6/1

Juddmonte

Postponed may win this easily but I can't back him at the price. Hawkbill should put it up to him and receiving the three year old allowance hopefully can get the job done.

1pt EW HAwkbill @6/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement