Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fury beats Klitschko 9th July

Options
  • 20-06-2016 11:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Fury beats Klitschko 9th July. Most likely on points again.
    I have to confess I did my balls in lumping 2K on Klitschko last time round.
    However I cannot complain, as over the years Klitschko has been a cash machine for me.
    So why Fury this time? Well it's a case of a 40 year old v 27 year old, and father time has caught up with Klitschko. At 30 he would have annihilated Fury, but Fury is at his peak, and Klitschko is in decline.
    As Peter Fury says, can you teach an old dog new tricks? Klitschko has used the same boxing style all the way through his career; grab and hold, push back, then wear them down and throw punches.
    But he can't do that with Fury due to his size and strength. At 6 feet 7.5 he is too tall for Klitschko to grab and lean on. His awkward style and movement make it hard for Klitschko to land punches on him.
    Of course he will let his hands go more this time, but that means he will be more exposed to Fury landing shots as was the case in round 12 when they both traded more punches than in the whole fight.
    I see a points win again for Fury, but closer this time on the scorecards as Klitschko throws more in the early rounds.
    Nice odds for both at 1.9 v 1.9
    For the record, the only other time I have backed Fury was v Chisora; and he won me weight then; but I am no fan of his, hence backing Klitschko last time. So I hate to admit it, but Fury beats Klitschko same as last time.
    I am 1K on Fury this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,097 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I agree with you here. Whenever we see a dominate long time champ lose, they rarely win the rematch. They just don't have the same hunger. But it makes sense to cash in the massive payday.

I think the line will move on Fury with zee Russain moneys in.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

The match was rescheduled for October 29, because Fury sparained his ankle while training.

Advertisement