Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 finalists announced for NBP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

would need to be better than EIR they are useless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Johnmuck

The ESB element is interesting.
    Fibre ran along the electrical poles?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,917 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why do I get the feeling despite all the talk of €1bn investment, I still won't have fibre broadband by the dates stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭bealtine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Possedion wrote: »
    would need to be better than EIR they are useless.

Why do you think so? Their FTTC rollout has been pretty spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

Why do you think so? Their FTTC rollout has been pretty spectacular.

dont think id agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Possedion wrote: »
    dont think id agree with you there.

So 22,300 customers being enabled to get eVDSL/VDSL in June 2016 alone is not spectacular? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭clohamon

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    So 22,300 customers being enabled to get eVDSL/VDSL in June 2016 alone is not spectacular? :eek:

You'd have to subtract the 170,000 customers they said they'd covered but hadn't.

... and then eVDSL is compromised VDSL, which itself is borderline obsolete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

clohamon wrote: »
    You'd have to subtract the 170,000 customers they said they'd covered but hadn't.

... and then eVDSL is compromised VDSL, which itself is borderline obsolete.

It's not obsolete until you've built the network to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭clohamon

It's not obsolete until you've built the network to replace it

I don't think that's really a dictionary definition of obsolete. I don't believe the EU would allow State Aided VDSL deployments anymore. I don't think anyone would build a VDSL network from scratch anymore either, with or without aid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement