Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re plug-in spider deterrants

Options
  • 05-07-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I have seen that similar questions were posted here, so I hope I have the right section.

I was just wondering has anyone tried any of the plug-in spider deterrants - and if so, how effective was it, and do you know the brand name?

My sister is having a horrendous problem with large house spiders. Her house is spotless and bright, but the feckers keep popping up all over the place. She's terrified, as I would be. The online reviews of some brands seem to be very mixed, so I just wondered what would anyone recommend, who has actually tried them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Get a tin of Spidex spray. Spray around all windows and doors frames. Works great as the spiders won't cross it. It's clear also so won't leave a stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Astrolabe

Thanks for that - would you happen to know if it's got chemicals in it ?(as opposed to plant extracts etc)

Hoping somebody might also have tried one of the plug-ins, then she could do that and the spray for double-protection! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Conkers!

No kidding, horse chestnuts work, a few in the corners of every window sill keeps the perishers away, something to do with the chemical make up of the nut. I have them all round my old cottage and rarely see a spider. (Well except for the big bugger under my pillow one morning!)

TT

Advertisement