Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Boyle cover up by mainstream media

Options
  • 01-07-2016 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

All this rubbish about Eamon Cooke and Paul Kelly in the mainstream media is just to divert attention from the Gemma O Dorothy documentary about the Mary Boyle cover up that the mainstream media refuse to broadcast .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is Mary Boyle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

All this rubbish about Eamon Cooke and Paul Kelly in the mainstream media is just to divert attention from the Gemma O Dorothy documentary about the Mary Boyle cover up that the mainstream media refuse to broadcast .

Any details there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Claims a conspiracy but doesn't give details about said conspiracy, OP must be part of the conspiracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Two Tone

What reasons would the media have for covering up the Mary Boyle case and on what do you base your assessment of the current Eamon Cooke allegations as rubbish? The Paul Kelly stuff is very real and serious, no?

Oh wait, they've closed their account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

If only the mainstream media reported on this stuff.

Oh, look what the first google result for "mary Boyle" was...

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/mary-boyle-s-disappearance-and-the-40-year-fob-off-1.2637996

Is that mainstream enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm intrigued by the sheer number of short lived members like the OP who infest the radio forum then suddenly vanish or close their accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Gemma O'Doherty did great work on the Fr Molloy case - the most corrupt scandal in the history of the country. I see her documentary on Mary Boyle is on vimeo. It's not playing for me at the moment though. I wonder which tv station declined to show it?

Ted111 wrote: »
    Gemma O'Doherty did great work on the Fr Molloy case - the most corrupt scandal in the history of the country.
    Gemma O'Doherty was unfairly sacked by her employer, and this was finally acknowledged by her employer.

But now she's latched onto every allegation of corruption that slithers out of the Sinn Fein press office, and every lachrymose complaint made by Mick Wallace, fine & principled man as he is, I'm sure.

She's been shafted in the past, but she's not doing herself any favours by peddling so many conspiracy theories.

The Father Molloy case, whatever truth there may be in it, is a magnet for Shinners and the disaffected folk over on Twitter and TheJournal.ie.

Mary Boyle is just the new Father Molloy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is being talked about in conspiracy theories forum. There's some good info on the possible conspiracy. It's a sad case either way.

• Advertisement

Gemma O'Doherty was unfairly sacked by her employer, and this was finally acknowledged by her employer.

But now she's latched onto every allegation of corruption that slithers out of the Sinn Fein press office, and every lachrymose complaint made by Mick Wallace, fine & principled man as he is, I'm sure.

She's been shafted in the past, but she's not doing herself any favours by peddling so many conspiracy theories.

The Father Molloy case, whatever truth there may be in it, is a magnet for Shinners and the disaffected folk over on Twitter and TheJournal.ie.

Mary Boyle is just the new Father Molloy.

You're bringing sinn fein and wallace into this which I don't think is fair.
    I'd judge O'Doherty on her own work which seems to be pretty sound.
    The Fr Molloy case is not a conspiracy. The dishonesty and corruption is factual and on record.
    I'm not familiar with this missing person case but I think the documentary would be worth watching. If there was any incompetency or worse by state agencies or politicians in the past then it should be brought out into the light of day. Let it's truth or otherwise speak for itself. No conspiracies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is Mary Boyle?

Your wan off X factor....used work in tesco afaik???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

5starpool wrote: »
    Who is Mary Boyle?

I thought it was yer one from X Factor a few years ago. Ya know the one that used to work at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

She was a child who disappeared,probably murdered . Not really something to joke about.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Two Tone wrote: »
    What reasons would the media have for covering up the Mary Boyle case and on what do you base your assessment of the current Eamon Cooke allegations as rubbish? The Paul Kelly stuff is very real and serious, no?

Oh wait, they've closed their account.

He'll be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Susan's sister.

Mary's more virgin. Obviously.

Have some sensitivity ffs. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah that's why the whole thing about Paul Kelly/Console etc has hit the news and not because it's current or factual unlike Mary Boyle case which is nearly 30yrs old, is based on suspicion without an ounce of evidence.

Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat when you leave your house OP.

You're bringing sinn fein and wallace into this which I don't think is fair.
    Well the only people that are really passionate about a Mary Boyle 'cover-up' seem to be firmly anti-establishment republicans, cranks and cynics.

I'm not saying there's no cover-up, it's just that when Doherty, and her followers, seem to believe in every supposed-cover-up going, it's time to be a little skeptical ourselves.

It's a bit like the way conspiracy theorists never just believe in one conspiracy. They believe the whole lot of them. Jets can't melt steel beams, but they can drop chemtrails.

Well the only people that are really passionate about a Mary Boyle 'cover-up' seem to be firmly anti-establishment republicans, cranks and cynics.

I'm not saying there's no cover-up, it's just that when Doherty, and her followers, seem to believe in every supposed-cover-up going, it's time to be a little skeptical ourselves.

It's a bit like the way conspiracy theorists never just believe in one conspiracy. They believe the whole lot of them. Jets can't melt steel beams, but they can drop chemtrails.

Where are you getting this Conspiracy thing from?
    What conspiracy?
    It's about having a look at an investigation gone wrong. And see can we find out why it went wrong.

From a quick look at the case I see that the police involved in it state they were instructed repeatedly to not interview or go near their main suspect.

That would seem to be an historic happening in Irish life that we might want to take a look at. No?

Nobody is suggesting lizard people killed Mary before faking a moon landing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

LorMal wrote: »
    Have some sensitivity ffs. Grow up.

Sensitivity, to something I have never even once heard about, and going by the first page of replies, I am far from alone.

Now, in saying that, had the OP have been started by a poster who didn't start the thread, and promptly close their account, I might not have assumed the thread was started by a troll, on a troll-fest.

Is it my bad for not googling someone an assumed troll was harping on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

From a quick look at the case I see that the police involved in it state they were instructed repeatedly to not interview or go near their main suspect.

Have you more information on this?

No, the conspiracy is in the supposed reasoning: a TD rang the Guards and "told them" not to arrest that suspect.

There are plenty of reasons why suspects are not arrested, mostly lack of evidence, I assume.

In my experience the same people who believe the Mary Boyle conspiracy theory also believe the Fr Molloy conspiracy theory, and believe every anti-Garda/ Garda corruption story going,they also believe that Denis O'Brien has a pair of horns, and treacherously declare (on the #liveline hashtag) that Enda Kenny is anally penetrated by Mrs A. Merkel on a regular basis.

Fodder for the malcontents.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

No, the conspiracy is in the supposed reasoning: a TD rang the Guards and "told them" not to arrest that suspect.

[/I]

You've now fallen back to saying my reasoning is faulty.

That's a big climbdown from conspiracy.

At least you've admitted it.

You've now fallen back to saying my reasoning is faulty.

That's a big climbdown from conspiracy.

At least you've admitted it.
    Oh no, it's a conspiracy theory alright. You were just denying that fact using a dodgy reason.

What's your opinion on the Fr Molloy CT, out of interest?

So who's conspiring if it's as you say a conspiracy?

So who's conspiring if it's as you say a conspiracy?
    Usually in a conspiracy theory, the 'conspiring' is supposedly committed by a small group of people in authority. In these cases, it varies between judges, politicians, and Gardai.

Basically, anyone that a sufficient number of people in society tend to have a grudge against.

So will you now answer my question, do you similarly believe the Fr Molloy CT?

Conspiracy Theories are like pringles. Once you pop, you truly cannot stop.

Usually in a conspiracy theory, the 'conspiring' is supposedly committed by a small group of people in authority. In these cases, it varies between judges, politicians, and Gardai.

Basically, anyone that a sufficient number of people in society tend to have a grudge against.

So will you now answer my question, do you similarly believe the Fr Molloy CT?

Conspiracy Theories are like pringles. Once you pop, you truly cannot stop.

Why don't you answer the question? Who do you say is conspiring in this case.
    You're the only one talking about conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OMG, the Illuminati closed OPs account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

For the confused:

The disappearance of Mary Boyle is Ireland's oldest Missing Child case. She was six years old when she vanished and the mystery has never been solved.

In March 1977, Mary Boyle, her twin sister, brother and parents were visiting her grandparents in Cashelard, near Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal. Her uncle, Gerry Gallagher, was returning a ladder to a neighbour's farm and spotted the child following him. He told her to return home, and she turned back. She was never seen again.

It was at least an hour and probably a couple before it was noticed that Mary wasn't with her sister and cousins who were playing outside, and the uncle was back on the farm by the time the alarm was raised. There was a large-scale search, but nothing was found. Many people were interviewed (all voluntarily), but no-one was taken in.

Recently, Mary's twin sister Ann, and a retired garda that worked on the case, came forward to say who they suspected had murdered the little girl. Murray, the garda, was interviewed in the subsequent documentary, saying that there was a cover-up, that he interviewed the man he was sure had taken her, and that he was told to back off. There was then a phone call from someone high up in the political establishment and the gardai were shooed off that lead in the case, on to hunting elsewhere. The man in question was never arrested.

Mary's mother and sister have relentlessly worked on getting Mary's case reviewed, but have been pushed back towards the Garda Ombudsman and ...er...some group I don't recall the name of, but looks into police corruption and case reviews. They don't trust them, feeling they've been lead in circles by all involved.

I assume that the conspiracy regarding Philip Cairns is that around the time that this documentary was coming out, the Cooke allegations have come out. Personally, I don't really believe that this is a deliberate act. The sudden resurgence of interest in the case of a missing child, especially with the connotations of paedophilia and cover-ups, would be far more likely to direct interest onto another case with similar accusations going around it. Then again, I have trouble believing the conspiracies (at least along the made-up lines) around the recent Cairns allegations, so take that as you will.

I'm sure there are many points I've missed, like the Scottish police, and the psychics, but that's a general idea of the case.

http://irelandtodaynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Mary-Boyle-sister-Ann-and-brother-Patrick.jpg She's the little girl in red on the left. Her twin is Ann on the right, and their brother Patrick in the middle.

Advertisement