Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What temperature can Irish people truly enjoy?

Options
  • 23-06-2016 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I mean, I absolute start to bake at any temperature above 25C. I have to be near or in cool water to cope.

But I hear people on holidays saying it's a "lovely" 30C+. That to me is just too much. Without air-con, it's unbearable. I also cant sleep on foreign holidays if it's mid-20s at night. And cities are even worse. Anything above 25C in a city is oven-like.

My optimum warm temperature is probably 22C-23C and a few clouds in the blue sky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Between 20-23 for me is heaven in summer. I've been to Cyprus & Florida that were 40 and it was sickening.

After winter I love 14 +.

Nothing better than a warm spring sun on the face to bring a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

28 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I mean, I absolute start to bake at any temperature above 25C. I have to be near or in cool water to cope.

But I hear people on holidays saying it's a "lovely" 30C+. That to me is just too much. Without air-con, it's unbearable. I also cant sleep on foreign holidays if it's mid-20s at night. And cities are even worse. Anything above 25C in a city is oven-like.

My optimum warm temperature is probably 22C-23C and a few clouds in the blue sky.

Winter: 3-6c
    Spring: 15-18c
    Summer: 18-20c
    Autumn: (unless it's November 2010....) 13-15c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Its all about the humidity and wind really. A cold +3c with a 25mph wind and humidity in the high 80s is horrific when compared to say the -14c we had on Christmas morning 2010.

In Paris a few years ago and was shocked to learn that it was 30c or 31c, felt more like a 22c or 23c here on a summers day.

So, it's not just the temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Humidly is the killer here. 20 and a light northerly is heaven for me. 25 and a east/southerly is hell!

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »
    Its all about the humidity and wind really. A cold +3c with a 25mph wind and humidity in the high 80s is horrific when compared to say the -14c we had on Christmas morning 2010.

In Paris a few years ago and was shocked to learn that it was 30c or 31c, felt more like a 22c or 23c here on a summers day.

So, it's not just the temperature.

Christmas morning 2010 was beautiful! :eek::eek:. Now you're actually making me sad because I miss that Christmas so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Between 19-23 degrees I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There is none, no matter what the weather, its never good enough for the Irish.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    There is none, no matter what the weather, its never good enough for the Irish.

Well I guess I'm not Irish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Its really down to each individual. While I know some real sun worshippers, I suffer badly with an Irish summer, never mind a hot country. If it's a cloudless day or there is high humidity I avoid leaving the house. Dawn and dusk are my friends.

I'm at my happiest around October, temps 8-13 degrees. I'm a wuss :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Can we expect a British invasion of somewhere remote in the next decade now???

*Joke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

30*C in the Summer
    -30*C in the Winter

I would like Northeast USA's climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Low 20s to mid 20s is fine.
    When it gets to around 30C in Ireland, it takes a while to get use to it, and I rather have a siesta and enjoy the early morning and late evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

27C, retirement to the land where the rain don't fall cannot come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I find it depends on wind speeds for me.
    So in calm wind anything from 16c to 23c is good. But with wind its more like 20c - 25c.

Unless your at the beach, in which case 23-30+ is what I would want, ie july 2013

Advertisement