Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSSE through Arts - 1st year hours

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey! The title says it really, does anyone know with one arts subject how many hours the Msc Comp Sci + Software Engineering course is in 1st year? Lectures/Labs/Tutorials? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Depends entirely on your third subject choice.

Computer Science you will do 3 hours lectures, 3 hours labs per week + extra time in your own time to do work.

Maths is 4 hours of lectures, 1 hour tutorial plus one assignment due every week that could take up a good deal of spare time.

The third subject could take anything from 3-8 hours + your own work time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mb98

brainiac wrote: »
    Depends entirely on your third subject choice.

Computer Science you will do 3 hours lectures, 3 hours labs per week + extra time in your own time to do work.

Maths is 4 hours of lectures, 1 hour tutorial plus one assignment due every week that could take up a good deal of spare time.

The third subject could take anything from 3-8 hours + your own work time.

Thanks a million! My third subject is either business or anthropology! Would you happen to know the hours for these? 🙈

Also do you do Computer Science?:o what do you think of it?

mb98 wrote: »
    Thanks a million! My third subject is either business or anthropology! Would you happen to know the hours for these? 🙈

Also do you do Computer Science?:o what do you think of it?

Not sure entirely, you can use this to give you an idea: http://apps.maynoothuniversity.ie/courses/?TARGET=QUALIFICATION&MODE=VIEW&QUALIFICATION_CODE=CSEA&OFFERING_CODE=U_HONS_DEGREES&SUBJECT_CODE=&TARGET_SOURCE=PS&KEYWORD=mh601

Click into Year 1 -> Subject choice -> Each individual module. Should have an indicative timetable and expected hours in there.

I'm just finished the degree now and moving on to a PhD, it's a very good course, well put together. If you've any previous experience, first year would be a bit slow but it ramps up from there. Also, the maths can be quite tricky but you get through it!

Not sure entirely, you can use this to give you an idea:

Click into Year 1 -> Subject choice -> Each individual module. Should have an indicative timetable and expected hours in there.

I'm just finished the degree now and moving on to a PhD, it's a very good course, well put together. If you've any previous experience, first year would be a bit slow but it ramps up from there. Also, the maths can be quite tricky but you get through it!

Thanks! And congrats on getting the degree. Sorry last question xD was there many girls in your course? Ive heard mostly guys do cs courses but i could be wrong! Thanks again

Thanks! And congrats on getting the degree. Sorry last question xD was there many girls in your course? Ive heard mostly guys do cs courses but i could be wrong! Thanks again

It was about 25% to begin with, perhaps a slight bit less by the end of fourth year. Other years since then have had a slightly higher percentage. The girls who do stick with it though generally end up being stronger on average than the guys, so it's definitely worth going for.

• Advertisement

It was about 25% to begin with, perhaps a slight bit less by the end of fourth year. Other years since then have had a slightly higher percentage. The girls who do stick with it though generally end up being stronger on average than the guys, so it's definitely worth going for.

Thanks so much!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eveliquinn

I am a girl and I got a place in the BA Computer science =^_^=

Advertisement