Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Castlebar & Ballina Hospitals

• 26-05-2003 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Mars

Does anyone know anything about Castlebar or Ballina General Hospitals - in Mayo?

Does either hospital have a good reputation locally?

Or does either have a longer than average waiting list?

Anyone got any info?

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭ irishgeo

Ballina hopital i have never been in but castlebar hospital is the main hospital in mayo. Its recentrly been done up but i have not been in it.(thank God)

I have haerd varying stoires but thats the state of the health service in ireland.

Try the western health board website (sorry i dont have the address)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Shiminay

Campbells Catering - they've been the only fault with the hospital in Castlebar - often causing more illness to patients than they were originally there for!

Otherwise, it's a good hospital - don't let them try to mend any broken bones though - insist on being sent to Merlim Park in Galway if they try cause they can not do it properly...
    My cousin had a broken thumb, they set it incorrectly, it had to be re-broken and re-set. My cousin is a carpenter - imagine how that helped his career.

This of course was a while ago, before they made it policy to send everyone to Merlim Park - but incase they try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 davelerave

in castlebar hospital they send every patient somewhere else and casualty sux

Advertisement