Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castlebar & Ballina Hospitals

• 26-05-2003 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about Castlebar or Ballina General Hospitals - in Mayo?

Does either hospital have a good reputation locally?

Or does either have a longer than average waiting list?

Anyone got any info?

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ballina hopital i have never been in but castlebar hospital is the main hospital in mayo. Its recentrly been done up but i have not been in it.(thank God)

I have haerd varying stoires but thats the state of the health service in ireland.

Try the western health board website (sorry i dont have the address)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Campbells Catering - they've been the only fault with the hospital in Castlebar - often causing more illness to patients than they were originally there for!

Otherwise, it's a good hospital - don't let them try to mend any broken bones though - insist on being sent to Merlim Park in Galway if they try cause they can not do it properly...
    My cousin had a broken thumb, they set it incorrectly, it had to be re-broken and re-set. My cousin is a carpenter - imagine how that helped his career.

This of course was a while ago, before they made it policy to send everyone to Merlim Park - but incase they try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

in castlebar hospital they send every patient somewhere else and casualty sux

Advertisement