Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein drinks & Diet

• 14-04-2003 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Looking for a little advice re protein supplements vs my diet. I am trying to see if I need to start taking the drinks to add mass to my muscles when my diet is normally quite protein/carby rich.

Typically I would eat meat (fish, red meat, chicken) five days a week inc. spuds and a vegetable of some description. The other days I would normally go for just a pizza and then an omlette on the last day. I am beginning to think that my diet is full of the bits and pieces that I need to develop muscle so I would be grateful if someone could explain how adding protein drinks to the equation would develop things significantly further.

Cheers-

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

What does your training consist of?
    How many days a week do you train?
    What are your goals?
    How long have you been training for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Havent a clue of the terms for the exersises so bear with me. Training consists of mostly upper body exersises such as forward rolls, side rolls with dumb bells, bicep curls, tricep extensions. Gets even more iffy when I start trying to describe the exersises with the bar bell. OK- equivalent of arm curls reverse grip, same with normal grip to shoulder height not above head, and behind head for shoulders and upper back. Actually, as an aside can someone send me a link to different exersise patterns and WTF they're called.

Weight-
    Bicep Curls: 20Lbs x15 x2
    Tricep extensions: 10Lbs x 15 x2
    Forward rolls: 10Lbs x 15 x 2
    Side rolls: 10Lbs x15 x2
    Bar bell exersises: 35Lbs x 15 x2

I have been training for four months roughly four days a week for about an hour a night.

Goals- large biceps & triceps and develop shoulders and upper back. I walk for my legs and thinking of getting back on a bike as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by tunney
    What does your training consist of?
    How many days a week do you train?
    What are your goals?
    How long have you been training for?

Were you going to get back to me at some stage with something there Tunney?

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Sorry, forgot I posted :)

Anyways I am of the opinion that protein drinks should only be taken after someone has been rigorously training for at least a good few months for a good few hours a week and has a good diet. Which you are/have :)

I'd be interested to hear how the protein drinks work out for you.

• Advertisement

S'all I needed to hear. I'll be ordering my drinkies soon and will let you know after a few weeks.

Cheers-

K

Advertisement