Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To infinity and beyond.........

Options
  • 01-04-2003 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.
    There has been a lot of ****e posted on these boards lately so i have decided to join in.
    Does anyone know who christened buzz?( no idiotic his parents posts please )
    Or even how long that name has been going around?

See the thing is that i always had some mad idea that it was one of my friends who made it up last year but i cant really remember who to be honest. I think it could have been mabey curtis danny or stephen but im not sure. Mabey whoever it was just heard it somewhere else and copied it.

Any info is appreciated.
    Yours forever
    That old guy who sits on the bench and eats peanuts.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I think alot of people started calling him Buzz because of the uncanny resemblence to buzz lightyear, but it's possible someone started the thing. I remember he used to be called a different nick name last year, but I cant remember the nick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭ratman

JP YOU SPAMMER

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

We called him buzz last year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i got it from kenny last year, thats how i came to know him as buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

pretty sure i copped on to the unbelieveable likeness myself last year and i started Ruaidhri at it. I'm sure someone else started it before that too though. Come on just look at him. Not 100% on that though......come on its nearly 2 years ago! I bearly remember yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

Noel(thats his real name) has had many a nick name, including Buzz and Desperate Dan and so on.
    hes been called Buzz since i was in 1st year

I don't know if it's the sleep depravation talking or if it's just the fact that i'm bored but I would love to follow buzz around the college with a radio playing the song from cops.

the bollox just tried to take my name for smoking feels like secondary school all over again

He's on another power trip.

he looks stoned today

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TomTom
    I don't know if it's the sleep depravation talking or if it's just the fact that i'm bored but I would love to follow buzz around the college with a radio playing the song from cops.

That would be class................i'd almost pay money for that!

RAT is said "ALMOST" so stop thinking about get rich quick schemes!

hehe

"I'm goin to work"

we must start up talks

spam.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Originally posted by TomTom

nice one tom!!!!!!!! haha !!! what could he do????
    t'would be a funny one.....

I hate dogs who wants to play the spam game

he would creep around the LRC looking for rubbish on the tables
    "Bad boys, Bad boys, What ya gonna to, what ya gonna do when Buzz comes for you?"

Then.......................... to the canteen to spot the students with
    Wait for it.................
    Feet on the chairs!! aarrrgh
    Buzz: "would you do that at home?"
    Student: "Eh, yeah! Why? would you?"

"Bad boys, Bad boys, What ya gonna to, what ya gonna do when Buzz comes for you?"

Originally posted by ShayK1
    he would creep around the LRC looking for rubbish on the tables

Then.......................... to the canteen to spot the students with
    Wait for it.................
    Feet on the chairs!! aarrrgh
    Buzz: "would you do that at home?"
    Student: "Eh, yeah! Why? would you?"

BRILLIANT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

whenever i protested to him, he always gives the excuse.

i don't care, its them upstairs.

bull****!
    i think the canteen ladies have more say than poor Noel

protest about what??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

About being told to do something I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

This special edition of cops was filimed on location with the men and women of ITCarlow LAW enforcement, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. (unless caught smoking two feet outside the smoking area)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Here we see buzz in the early days - the footage you will see is real, the people are real.
    Commentary(said in macho american accent): here we see veteran cop buzz, in the streets of portlaoise, while fellow cop woody arrests the girl, buzz takes out rather modest bag of fag butts, he dosen't yet know how big this thing is gonna get, and adds another one to it, He tut's loudly before bringing the girl in and giving her his world famous lecture "It's not me it's them....."

realityprogr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

pricesless

ns1 gogo

He was so young and dedicated then, now he's old and dedicated. So dedicated in fact that he made me put my drink away in the library earlier with a disapproving frown.. Not happy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I invented the name! I saw him 4 years before Pixar began work on Toy Story in a lap dancing club. The filthy pervert inspired me to create a cartoon character in his visage but with the abailty to fly. I sent my drawings to the Pixar design studios, but forgetting to copyright the images they were stolen and ripped off in the movie! Unfortunatly I can't say more as the court proceedings are still in progres.

yeah every time i see him i put my phone back in my pocket!
    I fear the Frown of buzz!!

Originally posted by Spacedog
    I invented the name! I saw him 4 years before Pixar began work on Toy Story in a lap dancing club. The filthy pervert inspired me to create a cartoon character in his visage but with the abailty to fly. I sent my drawings to the Pixar design studios, but forgetting to copyright the images they were stolen and ripped off in the movie! Unfortunatly I can't say more as the court proceedings are still in progres.

AM.. ok spacedog, ya fecking nut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

string search = ";" & ")"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Shak1, I thought u just smiled and winked at him like u do with everything :D

• Advertisement

why can't anyone every spell my name?? is it that hard or do yee just do it to annoy me??

ITS SHAYK1 ya Muppet!

Advertisement