Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bench Pressing

Options
  • 29-03-2003 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey, i've been going to the gym for a few months now, been pretty consistent with the training like going 3 times a week at least and spending a good 2hrs at it.

I've found that i've really came on in all my exercises and am starting to really move up weight on everything except the bench

is there any other exercises i can do or that to help with the bench?

I do inclined,declined and flat bench and i also do dumbell presses, any advice welcome...

Farlz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

pre-exhaust training perhaps, that means doing the isolation exercise such as flyes before doing the compound exercise - bench press

or

trying doing press ups straight away after benching on each set, you may not be able to lift as much on the bench next time around
    but after a month or so of doing this go back to your old routine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yeah variety is very important in any kind of training. It'll allow your muscles to recover sufficiently without decreasing their work capacity and prevents muscles becoming too fatigued. Also it will reduce the chance of you growing bored or unmotivated by the monotony of repeating the same exercises over and over.

My two cents!

Amz

Advertisement