Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it odd

• 28-03-2003 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

That my left bicep should be different in shape and size to my right even though both receive the same exercise? Is it usual for muscles to develop unevenly for a while and do they sort themselves out?

Cheers-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

are u left handed?? i had the same thing after i was at the gym, my left bicep and tricep were much more built. after a few months they pretty much evened out tho,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

No body is perfectly symmetrical. Even Arnolds left bicep was a different shape to his right.

Everyone will be different, nothing to worry about ;) But they'll never be exactly the same size and shape.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Sometimes an inherent muscle imbalance from prior to training can lead to one side over compensating for the other in bar excercises where it is possible to do so.

It will gradually balance out, but a useful step is to use more dumb bell excercises than bar bell as one side cannot compesate whatsoever for the other.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

same thing as my boobs, Kell, my left one's a bit bigger than my right.. is it the same with boys balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by robc
    are u left handed??

No right handed. My left bicep is longer than my right one. It could be just weaker as the same amount of exercise hurts more with the left than the right.

As for Arnie, I thought that he won Mr. Universe six times for having a perfectly symmetrical body? He was smaller than some dudes but built better and I thought thats what swung it for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Originally posted by Silent Grape
    same thing as my boobs, Kell, my left one's a bit bigger than my right.. is it the same with boys balls?

I think Grape is trying to deal with some fetish issues....lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Kell

As for Arnie, I thought that he won Mr. Universe six times for having a perfectly symmetrical body?

In short no.

He won Mr. Universe 7 times and I think you're probably thinking of the bigger Mr. Olympia contest which he also won 7 times.

Nobody has perfect symmetry this is a fact. Bodybuilding competitions are also not judged on symmetry alone.

Other criteria include muscularity and posing routines.

Arnold won because he was best overall. (Interesting fact he trained with a ballet dancer to develop his posing routine further.)

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Continueing on

How come the vein on my left arm travels up my bicep a differant path than the vein on my right arm.

Very weird looking....

Advertisement