Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is weight relevant to Mass?

Options
  • 26-03-2003 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

A question thats been in my mind for a while now is whether body weight has any effect on muscle mass at all?

I have never been able to gain weight and the idea of stuffing myself doesnt appeal, however is the amount you consume relevant to building up muscle mass? Should I instead be using some sort of protein supplement or "weight gain" drinks to put on body weight that can be converted easily?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Kell
    A question thats been in my mind for a while now is whether body weight has any effect on muscle mass at all?

Don't quite get the question but the more muscle mass you have the heavier you'll be. E.g. muscle is heavier than fat as it's alot more dense.
    I have never been able to gain weight and the idea of stuffing myself doesnt appeal, however is the amount you consume relevant to building up muscle mass? Should I instead be using some sort of protein supplement or "weight gain" drinks to put on body weight that can be converted easily?

Well if you have a naturally fast metabolism and find it hard to gain weight then you'll have to eat quite alot of food whether it be in the form of protein powders, mass gainer meals or just normal food chicken, steak, potatoes, pasta etc...

A pound of muscle contains 600 calories so whether you get those from weight gainer supplements or real food is up to you.

Personally I think you should be doing both. Increase your food intake and also throw in two or three shakes a day.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Do you recommend any particular shakes Logic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Kell
    Do you recommend any particular shakes Logic?

You'd be looking for a carb and protein combined supplement so something like the Ministry Mass shakes would be the best.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/products/shop/weightgain.htm

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Thanks for that Logic.

Advertisement