Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband Extend Coverage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

(bit late for me now though as im already with leap! )

are you locked into a contact with leap or something ...
    can you not just change provider ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm sure, like with Irish Broadband, you are locked into a one year contract with Leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Or any broadband provider, I thought? People have rumoured that that wasn't the case, but I haven't seen proof yet.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Leap has a year contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

IrishWisp is the only one I know of with no lock-in contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Originally posted by pork99
    no - its more like Areas-of-Dublin-not-obstructed-by-Trees-or-Buildings Broadband :)

god, i hate people like him. he either had a LOS test and failed, or else is just too scabby/poor/inbred to pay €48.40 per month

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by marclar
    god, i hate people like him. he either had a LOS test and failed, or else is just too scabby/poor/inbred to pay €48.40 per month

What are you on about? He's completely right about the Wireless Broadband. It's very selective because of the limitations on the technology they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by marclar

Jaysus an IBB fanboi, what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Marclar, Any more of that and therell be no Ireland Offline forum for you, mmk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

scabby/poor/inbred to pay €48.40

€48.40 is quite a bit of money for most us,
    and peeps wonder how we ended up with 7% inflation ...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

yea, locked into a 12 month contract

poxy but what can ya do... staying with eircom dial-up a minute longer was simply not an option and when i failed my LOS for them IBB never told me theyd any plans to higher their transmittor :(:mad:

(although its worth mentioning that besides the price leap has been a great service so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by MDR
    €48.40 is quite a bit of money for most us,

Let's not forget the installation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm very happy with that guiness transmitter, heading away for the summer so no point in getting into a contract til i get back, thats some hefty installation few, thats the guts of a new computer there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

i know €48.40 is quite a bit on money...

BUT their service is so much more value compared to eircom's pathetic offering...

a bit of real competition in the market, thats really what we needed, and now here it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Irish braodbands prices are better than most certainly Leap ,Eircom and ESATBT and they have higher speed options than NTL or any UK BT DSL ISP.

€48 is good value for broadband. I would take Irish broadband long before I would consider a FRIACO option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Has anyone heard any plans for IBB type services to extend outside of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

how about extending the BB service to leixlip its right beside dublin , when is gonna happen wah wah wah:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I was onto them asking about Lucan horse. The response was that there isn't a hope of the Ballycoolin transmitter reaching this far (strictly for DNS it seems) but they are looking for sites to cover Lucan and surrounds. Also said it's at least three months down the road though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I'm waiting for a (reasonable i.e.not Eircom) solution for Lucan as well. IBB would be very nice the only trouble is I can't think where they could beam from. There's nothing really high enough that I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

please sir, may we 'ave some more?

• Advertisement
Advertisement