Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etain Doyle Interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by Muck
    Your memory is at some variance to reality outside Dublin.
    My mistake, so, Etain was telling the truth after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

i shall be lining up a few different interviews on this subject in the next few weeks/months...

Etain will be back...

Philip Nolan next

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

First questions for Phil:
    Why did you release a pricing for residential DSL before agreeing the wholesale price with ComReg?
    How were you able to drop the price for DSL so rapidly?
    Why are you so opposed to FRIACO?

They are the first to spring to my mind but I'm sure there may be one or two more.

Any chance of having someone from here on with him? Or failing that after him? Even before him could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by MarVeL
    Any chance of having someone from here on with him? Or failing that after him? Even before him could be interesting.

That would make for a good argument... I'd love to listen to Phil try and make up some feeble excuse for our lack of progress net-wise.... Of course, it'll be just that, feeble.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by newstalk
    Philip Nolan next

That'll certainly deserve its own thread if it happens.

Etain Doyle seems to play the beal bocht card quite a bit, with the odd bit of technobabble tossed in (I'd say for confusion, so would everyone else but what do we know)

Phil on the other hand is a smooth operator. And he's well happy to lie in public (there have been a few threads about it, notably from Adam and I'm happy to regard that point as having been proved enough for me to make that comment. Mostly because it has)

I'm pretty sure that they both know what competition is - it's something of a shame that neither of them will admit that we've no competition in the economics sense (particularly as Doyle is headstrong in saying that competition will resolve all)

As always, nice to see (or hear:)) media types taking enough of an interest to give these issues some attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I have a feeling fidgety Phil would make his excuses and pull out if he knew there'd be someone from IoffL there aswell.

So don't tell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

you'd be amazed who sees these threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

I especially liked the part from etain cant remember exactly what she said but it seemed to be suggesting that eircom was ridiculously overstaffed with biddies and they're looking at ways of getting rid of them [eircom + comreg].

If anyone remembers how she said it, post it up as it was quite funny the wording she chose ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Anyone important sees these threads because they like to know how many of their lies have been debunked so they can create the next batch.

It's like a child with a chocolate covered mouth trying to explain how a sloth managed to get into the top cupboard and open the biscuit tin.

"Uuhh... he used a box to stand on..."
    "what box"
    "uuh he brought the box with him."
    "sloths can't stand."
    "uuh i mean he leaned on the press and opened the fridge and climbed up the shelves"
    "The shelves slide out he'd have fallen off"
    "Uuuh he stood on the dog's back and got on the counter"
    "oh right"
    "yeah then he used a wooden spoon to get at the press handle."
    "what wooden spoon"

Et Cetera...

Dear Phil and Co:

We know you are a bunch of lying theiving fcuks just like all the other 100 secretive F'n F'ers who leech the country dry every day. And we know and you know that nobody with any power in this country will ever stop you. So anyone with any perpicacity will just have to emigrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by MarVeL
    In particular to hear Etain repeat over and over again the long established mantra of "We had no power/authourity" would drive a saint to the bottle. As far as I can see she has been granted no new powers but yet can now mandate these changes.

Then what are we paying you for, Etain? Or is ComReg a tax-payer funded means of providing career breaks for telco employees?

Actually who does fund ComReg? Govt? Telcos? both?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I think they get something like .25% of the telco's revenue. Eircom is bitching about that at the moment too, I believe. They can also charge you 12,500 euro for the administrative overhead of getting a GTL.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lol..

DeV.

Advertisement