Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week is Drag week

Options
  • 24-02-2003 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭

anyone think rag week so far is a joke ?

there's too many in college, I came in to see if people were goin' to classes and yes they are!!! my plan was to arrive to class about 20 mins late, and if no-one was there i was gonna head home, but people turned up for class therefore the roll is called and i have to go in or lose my grant!!!!!!!!

damn!

I'm gonna go to aldi and get my steinhauser bottles and drink em then head to the revs later and get pished. . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

well none of our class turned up. but we all agreed not to come in. where are the revs playing and how much is it to get in....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

wish my class was like that, maybe it'll be different 2morrow,

as far as i know the rev's are playin' in the hedge 2nite i think its €5 with a student card.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

well there is only 5 in my class which is really cool. u should get the class together and all agreed not to turn u. u in first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i had an exam this mornin. most were in (about 11) then the next class there was 7, didnt go to the one after that and i dunno, theres another class in 5 mins.. might go have a quick look in 10 mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

we had an exam? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

SteveK, you coming down to scraggs for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What time are the revs playing? Might be good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by Stephen
    What time are the revs playing? Might be good :)

ummm no. take it from me they are SHITE with a capital SH

You think most music that isn't death/black/evil/tractor/dead babies/hardcore/ghey/fisting/thrash/cock metal is sh1te though :)

I quite like their "louis walsh is a wanker" song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

and i quite like A**L C**TS Technology is gay song but that does not make them a good band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thought this thread was about ITC students dressing in Drag. Always thought you were a pack of nancy boys :p .

Heh... Now that you mention that...

They had a gay wedding in the canteen today as part of rag week. The "bride" was scary.

actually on wednesday in tullys there is a cross dressing competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

heh from what ive heard moredeth you should enter, with your long flowing locks of hair!! your bound to have a chance!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

A chance to dress as a woman without bein ridiculed for it??????
    OH how i have long for this day!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

went to the edge last nite the revs were actually pretty good!!!

it was a bit steep in €7 but it was worth an aul gander!

haha!! me and mord, compitition, who can be the best cross dresser?!?!?!?! win a ps2....

i think I'd win steven :p

I'm alot more feminine than you

you've got the begining of boobies!!! of course you'd win

/me fondles self

my nipples are quite nice

• Advertisement

hey look now MODERATER, we'll have none of that here. take that filth over to the Humanities board or something

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I miss college,I miss rag week! and they wouldnt even give me the week off to go down:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

if it was anyone else we could say that he is foldeling himself because the modship has gone to his head but we all know how twisted Mordeth is... Bold mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Yeah, Revs gig was cool. Cool drumming at the end there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Any reports of the Frank and Walters, Woodtar & Turn gig last night?

www.thefrankandwalters.com
    www.turn.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's crappy the way people forget the real meaning of rag weeks, it's not for students to go out and get lamped and streak around the campus just for sh1ts and giggles, it's to raise cash for charity, that's why rag weeks started iirc. And they haven't exactly been all that succesful in doing that the past few years...which might explain why some college bars are being shut for rag week?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I disagree its a week to have loadsa fun,get up to more mischief then normal,not have to worry too much bout college and in the meantime raise money for good causes ,
    The facts also stand that there was alot of trouble in some student bars last year and its perfectly understandable and justified that they are closed during the day

bollocks lets all just get twisted and not go to class. i had four pints for breakfast yesterday. then another few for dinner, then some more for supper. t'was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Rag = Raise A Grand
    UC?

• Advertisement

holy crap i never knew that rag week had such a meaning, dont mean to be ignorant but i know now. doesnt mean im gonna raise anything though. except alcohol levels :)

Advertisement