Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 vs Xbox vs Gamecube

Options
  • 23-06-2001 10:03pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

who will win the war?and why?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

.........., ok, this message is just so that it looks like i got a reply.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ROFL N00B!!!!!!!!!! and btw PS2 OWNS j00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka. ray

FOrgot to mention why well have u seen that cool blue light that says it all, blue light = class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I can see two winners in this war.
    (1)Xbox (2)Gamecube
    When this topic was discussed before, someone made a very good point about the gamecube.
    Gamecube is the only real game console in the upcoming war, although the games developed for it are very much marketed for the younger generation, this is something PS2/Xbox cant offer the younger gamer.

Xbox will win the mans battle as PS2 is dying in its lack of originality ( i paid to know this ).
    Xbox is a more complete entertainment sytem and this is the basis of the battle between PS2/Xbox. in reality there are both cheap entertainment sytems, but xbox has many advantages, one being its a pc in a box and so is "plug and play" with net access and system connectivity.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 25-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Only 2 will win, And Id say its gonna be the ps2 & gamecube.
    The PS2 has already won a place, Sony have had too much of a head start to be over taken by anyone, The ps2 is gonna have another christmas in Europe all by itself, its not gonna have any problems after that, Then its xbox vs gamecube.
    An adults console vs a kids console.
    All the kids buy a gamecube, all the adults already have a ps2 and hate microsoft smile.gif or maybe thats just me.
    Then everything will be back to normal, A sony console & a Nintendo console until the next round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

My opinion of the Xbox has varied a lot over time. At first I doubted that Microsoft were really serious about going ahead with it. Then it was very clear that it was real and certainly something they were taking very seriously.

For a while, I didn't think they could lose.

Still, despite Microsoft's best intentions, they're not guaranteed to succeed. The E3 Xbox line-up was unimpressive, according to many observers. Even Halo seemed disapointing. I worry too that the addition of a hard disk in a console is just asking for trouble; they're fragile components.

Xbox is no sure thing.

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 25-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh god, not another which future-unreleased-as-yet-console-will-be-the-greatest, thread.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

Well Chernobyl Game Cube may be good but i cant see how aiming at the younger generation is gonna help Nintendo ass when u say younger Generation ur looking at under 12 and i dont think their parents will be willing to spend a shíte load of money on a brand new Game Cube then after 1 day the "younger Generation" shoves a peanut butter sandwich into its disc tray.And prob most of the younger kids that has a N64 is because their older brothers discarded it for some better machine

aka. ray

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by velocity:
    i dont think their parents will be willing to spend a shíte load of money on a brand new Game Cube </font>

Game Cube will be the cheapest of the consoles at 150sterling. And thats a set price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by velocity:
    ROFL N00B!!!!!!!!!! and btw PS2 OWNS j00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</font>

pop: reg June 2001 12 posts
    vel: reg June 2001 13 posts.

Anywho, Gamecube gets my vote. It's the only true games system, and nintendo always has had fantastic games. I'm not sure it'll win the war, but judging from the popularity on this forum, I'd say it has a good enough chance(in Ireland at least).

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement

Ah amp give the fella a break it is his first ever thread :P (N00B) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Okey lets see the winner is...........

THE P.C cause its been winning for the last 5 years cause it can do everything (almost tell me somethin a console does it doesnt)

but between consoles let me disect and examine

Gamecube: i said this the last time we had this argument: Gamecube is the only one not tryin to give players everything, and nintendo i think r the only smart ones to do this. Internet access killed the dreamcast (gasps, and whispers of i thought the games did) no dreamcast had good games but it was bought for games and for the fact that u could use the internet. Now whats bad about that let me show u:

THE LAW OF CONSOLES: IT DOESNT MATTER HOW GREAT A CONSOLE IS ITS GAMES MUST SELL FOR IT TO BE IN PROFIT.... meaning each console made is at a loss and if we dont buy games for that console it stays in loss, hence why Sony ar currently ****ting themselves.. Ps2 is bein sold but no one buys the games cause they got dvd and ps1 games. PS1 was successfull cause u got so many good games (and crap ones) and u couldnt do anything else with the damn thing.

PS2 is f0cked because they got all this dvd ****, and they r only getting their games going good now.

x-box: i dont know about its dvd but i do know its got net access so it might go same route as DC if they dont get good online games out there.

My personal forsight is that gamecube will not shatter worlds like the psx did. But it will be a good console with good games. The Ps2 is doomed unless sony get more good games like MGS2 out quickly (which they r tryin so theres hope) The X-bos is the only one which intrigues me enuf. unlike sony who only sees the other consoles as a threat X-box is attackin everyone p.c included WE LOST HALO BECAUSE OF IT now thats strategy.

my bets:

best console: gamecube
    most successfull: X-box
    biggest surprise: Sony cutting production of PS2 machines due to losses
    Biggest comeback: SEGA becomes the biggest and most important third party developers and in 5 years release a new console which will prob fail again.

SEGA MAKES GOOD GAMES JUST NOT GOOD CONSOLES
    NINTENDO MAKE GOOD CONSOLES THEY ARE JUST TOO DISNEY
    SONY MAKE GOOD MARKETING THEY JUST THINK TOO BI
    MICROSOFT SCR3WS THE COMPITION STILL NOBODY LIKES THEM

who sez sega dont make good consoles?
    damn Saturn was excellent, so if you wanna take this outside m8... smile.gif

Seriously, Saturn was da $hit and all the casual gamers loved the PS1.

Hey bud dont bite me I owned one too and luved it too: NIGHTS SONIC JAM PANZER DRAGOON

i didnt get a psx till after my dreamcast only got it o make cash (i set up a games playhouse in school £1 for 30 mins)

am
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    pop: reg June 2001 12 posts
    vel: reg June 2001 13 posts.
    </font>

I know what your thinking DL but different ip's. Rest assured, if there's continued muppetry from the above it will be sorted. Painfully. With a big stick.

Have a nice day!

What did I do????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Amp, you misunderstood. Velocity was calling Popin a n00b, even though they registered around the same time and have similar post counts. I don't think kindly of newbie bashing.

To avoid off topic spamming, an edit.
    Vel, I didn't know you and popin were mates, so I got no fight with you.
    If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 29-06-2001).]

Well i had a a/c b4 as RAY had around 80 post i know is not much but my a/c fot fuped up so wats ur point

i cannot see what i have done wrong poppinfresh is me m8 from school .Well amp my email address is ryik85@hotmail.com if u wanna email me sort this out pls do

aka. ray

sorry for spamming but i have been on the boards.ie scene way b4 poppinfresh

• Advertisement

Relax Velocity, take deep breathes. No need for excitement.

Back on topic leds or I'm gonna lock.

Back to the point: I think PS2 will win, cause of FF10

1 game can never win a war u need a selection 8) a good selection :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

K,

So let's say I found some cash at the back of the couch recently and have decided to buy a console. At the moment the obvious choice would be the Playstation 2. I am not a very patient person, so I don't have time for BIG game corporations to decide when they want to eventually release their new toy in this country (ie. MS & Nintendo). That is one thing that ****es me off about those guys, is that we are always the last to get the goodies. FS, it's like we are getting handmedowns from the Japs (when they are sick of it), and I don't like it.

Anyway I saw MGS2 and I want it, so when it is out "here"?. Also Wipeout Fusion?.

The reason I am sick of all these game corpos is because they brag on about their new consoles like they have no competition. Even though, if you were to stick together a PC with 1.7GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, and a G-Force3 (Gwan Hobbes), they would shut up pretty lively. Notice how I didn't have to wait ****ing 2 years to have it either. I know a lot of ya will probably freak @ me sayin, that such a system would cost me £xxxx, but think of all the things I can do aside from playing games!

Anyway, something for ye ta think about.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr_Wonderful

Who cares, it can only mean cheaper consoles for the consumer (the over-priced ps2). Sony have slashed the price of the ps2 in Japan and soon in Europe. They have now made a 40 GBHDD to compete against miccrosoft for online gaming., that poses an interesting question.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

f00ls did u not learn anything from E3 ????, hehe, seriously its my opinion that the GameCube will wipe the floor wth all competition specially if Microsoft dont sign up some big names for thier games..., PS2 **giggles**...gameCube far out winner with the XBoox a potential challanger (the lack of experiance in the console market could be telling...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

If MS release CS on the X-Box , (the only console with a built in modem) they will take over the console market. eek.gif
    If they don't , Nintendo.Ltd will rise to thier full glory once again ..
    and Square will come crawling back ..
    ah, yes ... cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by popinfresh:
    Back to the point: I think PS2 will win, cause of FF10</font>

the ps2 aint gonna win just cos of 1 game and the fécking game console itself is just 2 damn expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'll be in America from 26th of October till the 4th November - the GameCube is releasd on the 5th of November. Life just isn't fair smile.gif

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 GIME

Gamecube will probably be the best of the future consoles.Its cheap,it has incredible graphics and an excellent controller.Its the most widely talked about console at the E3 show in Los Angeles.At the show it appears Sega is dead and Microsoft is succeeding so far only because its trying to buy successful game companies(Squaresoft, Rare) and stealing godd games(Halo).

Advertisement