Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress in work.. losing weight

Options
  • 28-01-2003 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone got any tips on how to gain weight as well as bulk up the upper body? No stupid answers like just eat lots and drink guiness plz.... I've been under some mighty stress in work over the last few months and I've just realised I've lost weight, and look it iswell :( I'm trying to relax more in work, but its hard and its having an impact on me physically now

BTW, 22, male ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unstable

IT :rolleyes:

its was good when it started, but its getting out of control now, i'm underweight as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Are you eating properly at work ? And at home ? Have you seen a doctor ? Weight loss like this could be due to more than stress. Ask the doc to test for Diabetes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are people that do losse weight when stressed a close friend of mine is like that things get bussy for her and whoosh she looses like 5 to 8 pounds in 2 weeks ,.

She finds it hard to regain weight that is just the way her metabolism is, If ur serious about regaining do it sensibly and try eat more protien but ur best bet is a doc. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Ok this is What I do

Go to the Gym 5 times a week eat fresh veg and Tuna or Chicken for lunch and Have something small after the Gym and Oh yeah have Fruit for breakfast .

Ok to the Part you want Go out on Friday and drink loads of beer eat kebab Do the Same on saturday and sunday eat crap all day and I find that this has put plenty of weight on me Try it ............just leave out the top part. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Well if you want to gain more weight first of all don't stress yourself. Take a weeks Annual Leave or something.

As for the gaining weight. what kind of a diet are you on.
    You might just need to adjust your diet so that you are eating more protein. I don't know what you are eating at the moment but eat about 4-5 meals a day.

1: breakfast
    2: snack
    3: lunch
    4: snack
    5: dinner
    6: snack

make sure you eat a breakfast anyway as this is the most important meal of your day and don't just eat one slice of bread but eat a good bit.

as regards the snacks they can be anything like fruit or cereal bars. as long as you eat a proper balanced diet you should be ok.

Cheers

Runfree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm not sure what planet you people are on but if this person needs to increase weight without doing weight trainig then extra protein is not what they need.

A pound of fat is 3,600 calories. If this person wants to increase weight by 1 pound then they need to eat 3,600 calories over their maintenance level over a period of time. A pound of muscle has 600 calories. An extra 600 is all that's need above basal metabolic rate but you also need to include strength training. It doesn't grow by itself.

Now we need to decide whether this person is weight training or not. It would seem not hence this persons only way of gaining weight is by putting on fat (not a bad thing if the person considers their body fat % to be less than normal)

The easiest way to gain fat is to increase carbohydrate intake. Protein will be stored as fat if it isn't needed for tissue repair or muscle synthesis. This takes time and alot will be lost through the conversion process. Carbs will be stored as fat if it isn't immediately needed for energy. The conversion process needs alot less energy hence you get a higher storage percentage.

Increase clean carb intake as much as possible to maintain your weight. Pasta, rice, bread all good examples. Also try having pizza one or two nights a week and some junk food like a take away on the weekend.

Don't skip breakfast, don't have a small lunch. Eat every 4 hours and eat until you are full.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

*nods*

/me thinks to him self "god im such a dumb@$$ for saying protein, must learn how to read"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unstable

Originally posted by logic1
    Don't skip breakfast, don't have a small lunch. Eat every 4 hours and eat until you are full

well there's my problem. breakfast is usually a rush, if there is infact a breakfast... my work requires me to be rushing around town almost all the time, sometimes (2 times a week average) getting no lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

oh man, i can identify with the skipping breakfast and missing lunch :(

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Kwizatz Anorak

I'm 25 now and had been the same weight since I was 19. It's true what people say about breakfast, since I started eating a big bowl of porridge for breakfast about 3 weeks ago I've gone from 72.5 KG to 75KG.
    I'm doing a little more work in the gym too, just enough so that it always hurts :)

Advertisement