Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you send on a night out?

Options
  • 20-01-2003 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

How much would you typically spend on a night out?
    You know the scene, your out on the pìss with your mates and you just keep on spending - buy drink to beat the band.

How much would you spend on a night out? 43 votes

€0 - I get my mates/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/relation to pay for my booze all night
    0% 0 votes
    €1 - €10 - I just buy drink for myself and walk home
    2% 1 vote
    €11 - €25
    4% 2 votes
    €26 - €40
    2% 1 vote
    €41 - €55
    23% 10 votes
    €56 - €80
    13% 6 votes
    €81 - €100
    20% 9 votes
    €101 - €130
    18% 8 votes
    €131 - €160
    11% 5 votes
    €161 - €200
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Depends if im with the girlfriend or not ... usually around €100 , although ive started to drink alot more now before i go out.

Bought my girlfriend and her friend a bottle of cranberry archers each awhile ago and handed in a tenner expecting change ...he said i was 40c short !! WTF !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alcopops went up in the last budget.

Being a non-drinker, nights out aren't TOO expensive for me. The most I'd spend is maybe 30 or 40, including club. More if food is involved.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Alcopops may have gone up but still... €5.20 is a very high price for any of them. In our local, Archers Aqua's and Bacardi Breezers are only €4.40. Admittedly that's a members price, but the non-members prices are only 20c more.

Depending on where I go and who I go with (and whether rounds are bought or not), a night out for me could cost me anywhere from €40 to €140... but I don't go out all that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I picked €41 - €55 because a lot of nights I'm out it's just for a few pints with some friends. (Mmmm .. Erdinger)

The actual figure can range from €20 all the way up to the €120+ range. It really depends on the night. But I reckon the average is between those two somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

At my local pints are €2.95, but i'd still spend about €40 a night there.
    If i'm in town i could spend up to €100.

What a fookin waste of money :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

My wife and I went out last Saturday night for drinks with a couple of friends.
    We drove into town (the wife wasn't drinking so did the driving :) ), parked in that car park in Temple Bar (€7.50). Bought 9 drinks.
    And I spent €70! I took out €100 before going into town. Brought home €20 and €10 of change.

Now I know why I don't go on the pìss any more (apart from being in my 30's)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

€50 is what i expect to spend. if im with my gf she will spend about the same. i drink pints but she drinks other stuff, so thats usually more expensive.

while i do find it expensive in cork, i really pity the dublin folk with their insane prices.

jaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A full nite out, 80yoyo's
    Nite in the pub, 40yoyo's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Usually about €50 but a LOT more if I'm going out to get drunk. Which would explain why I havent been drunk in about 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I have to admit...When me and the girls head out , we only end up buying maybe the first couple of rounds then guys buy the rest so we may only have to buy gas for the ride and maybe 20 bucks for boos!!! WAIT...there could be logic behind that??? They were trin to get us drunk!! He HE He He HE HE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

depends really, if im just going out for a few drinks after work then i will usually spend around €50

but if im going for a major pìssup (pub/club/shots etc) then i would prolly end up spending about €150 - €200 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by DriftingRain
    I have to admit...When me and the girls head out , we only end up buying maybe the first couple of rounds then guys buy the rest so we may only have to buy gas for the ride and maybe 20 bucks for boos!!! WAIT...there could be logic behind that??? They were trin to get us drunk!! He HE He He HE HE

usually when i go a bit over the €200 mark is because of women like the above ^... :mad::mad:

wouldnt really mind so much if most of them actually gave "something in return" ;)

Quote ..."because of women like the above "

I am sorry you feel that way.:D But that is the way it is. The guys are to be the gentleman and buy the ladies drinks. I will admit if I am looking at this guy all night and he never notices me I'll buy him a drink! Besides when you get a gal plastered you know you are lookin to get laid anyhow :D

Originally posted by DriftingRain
    Quote ..."because of women like the above "

I am sorry you feel that way.:D But that is the way it is. The guys are to be the gentleman and buy the ladies drinks. I will admit if I am looking at this guy all night and he never notices me I'll buy him a drink! Besides when you get a gal plastered you know you are lookin to get laid anyhow :D

Relying on drink to get a woman laid, where's the sport in that? You should be able to 'do it' without drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

if i go to my regular club , i dont pay entrance, (membership)
    and 99% of the time i would go by myself. but i still manage to spend 100 euro, but i do have to mention i dont drink beer too much , more into spirits.

When i first arrived in Ireland i was standing at the counter to order my drinks and some girl stood next to me, she asked 'want to buy me a drink' confused as i was , i told her to piss off , and asked 'why do you think i want to do that for ?' little did i know about what you guy's or girls call 'Blagging' ?

Never heard of that before? I must be getting old. Are you sure it not '$hagging'?

PHO1 that is also what I think. I think if a gal is gonna sleep with you she is gonna be more likely to do it not because she is drunk...Should be more of the challenge! Agreed!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd spend €80-€100 on a nite out! If I just go to the local for "a few" I would spend around €50.

Ciggies are a big contribution to outgoing costs!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i'd spend between the 80 - 100 euro mark and i get in2 that main club 4 free cos i work there and i dont smoke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll usually get tanked up before we go out, so I buy 5-6 drinks in the pub, and never visit nightclubs where you have to pay in.

The amount you pay in, is inversely proportional to how good the club is.

Fact. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement