Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metabolism boosters?

Options
  • 19-01-2003 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

1st time here

are Metabolism boosters legal?

i havnt been able to find them here and i figured they might be. same question about appetite suppressants?

cheers
    jaz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I can't really answer your question, but AFAIK the best way to increase your metabolism is to increase your lean muscle. Build a bit of muscle and you should need to eat more to maintain it. I'm sure there'll be plenty to give more accurate information though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

The typical metabolism boosters (eca stacks) are not avsilable over the counter in Ireland.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

There are so many varieties and versions of these things - from actual stuff to herbal equivalents that the area is just a big messy grey area.

You can buy EU versions of popular american fat loss products which are weaker than the US stuff - as the Synephrine replaces the ephedra extract.

There are also products in Ireland which are technically illegal under current Irish law, but are still available over the counter.

To be honest, I won't be pointing you one way or the other, but it is likely not hard to find these things if you look into it further.

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

An acquaintance of mine used to swear by Tony Quinn's Amino-Energise tablets. Never took them myself but he said they were great when training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

eca stack

the main ingredient, "ephedrine" is ilegal here and in the uk, the other ingerdient caffiene (tablets) is ilegal here, but you can get em in the uk, and of couse asprin is legal.

there's an article on the mof's website on ways around this, you can get ephedrine over the counter in the form of chesteze (think they contain 19mg of ephedrine) not sure how youd get the caffiene, maybe theres a substitute, anyway, gives you the measurements for the stack..............

that was all too much effort for me, why bother when you can buy xenadrine online! after all its just a weight loss supplement.

if your thinking of doing the stack, do plenty of research, there's loads online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by daveirl
    Placebo effect?

Possibly.. but i use them myself and I had no faith when i first took them, it was just a "see what happens" thing.. anyway i did notice a lot more energy throughout the day and at the gym this was great as i was able to do a lot more than i had been up to that point. There is probably some Placebo to be sure but since i did not hold any faith they would do anything to begin with there must be something they do right. Besides its all natural crap in them as far as i know so its not doing any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Chick peas with vindaloo curry served on brown bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭photty

Originally posted by Saruman
    Possibly.. but i use them myself and I had no faith when i first took them, it was just a "see what happens" thing.. anyway i did notice a lot more energy throughout the day and at the gym this was great as i was able to do a lot more than i had been up to that point. There is probably some Placebo to be sure but since i did not hold any faith they would do anything to begin with there must be something they do right. Besides its all natural crap in them as far as i know so its not doing any harm.

I'd be quite nervous about regularly using pills to boost energy levels specifically to work out harder in the gym. Theres probably a good reason why you felt heavy or tired. Listen to what you're body is saying to you. Perhaps you need more sleep or are not allowing enough recovery between workouts?? Maybe keep a training log and pay more attention to diet and rest instead of a 'suck it and see' approach. God knows whats really in these things....

Niall.

Advertisement